pnwoha
Martin, I have a skill number of 80 and hunt group extension of 44080. When i test against the AES 7 server I do something like this:

serviceProvider.getThirdPartyCallController.StartMonitor("44080", ee, null);

This results in an empty monitor id.

So i decided instead to get the device object first then use the device id as you showed above, so i did something like this:

var device = serviceProvider.GetNewDevice();
device.GetDeviceId("44080", "cm", CmIpAddress, false, null);

When i do this i don't get a device id response at all. Is there some kind of permissions issue going on?
MartinFlynn
You should check the DMCC XML traces to see what is being sent. You may need to check the traces on AE Services - if the application is receiving an error response then there should be an exception in the logs with more information. You can get information on how to access the AE Services logs in the Devconnect Product FAQ "How can I monitor the XML being sent and received by the AE Services Server (debug, log, trace)?". It is in the "FAQ: AE Services Device, Media, and Call Control (DMCC) -> Other" section.

Martin
pnwoha
ok thx i'll do that soon
pnwoha
Hello Martin,

We looked at the dmcc log files when i requested the device id and here is what we saw:

Here is my request:
FINEST: Unmarshalled xml=<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<GetDeviceId xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://www.avaya.com/csta">
<switchName>cm</switchName>
<switchIPInterface>192.168.130.72</switchIPInterface>
<extension>1581</extension>
</GetDeviceId> to object=session[null] com.avaya.csta.binding.GetDeviceId@1559a7d

Somehow I dont think that the device id request supports splits because it specifically requires an extension as its third parameter.

Here is the error i see
FINER: Invoking method=public com.avaya.csta.binding.GetDeviceIdResponse com.avaya.cmapi.extsvc.DeviceServicesImpl.getDeviceID(com.avaya.csta.binding.GetDeviceId) throws ch.ecma.csta.errors.InvalidParameterValueException,ch.ecma.csta.errors.InvalidDeviceIDException,ch.ecma.csta.errors.InvalidDeviceStateException,ch.ecma.csta.errors.ResourceBusyException,ch.ecma.csta.errors.CstaException with argument=session[session 93E6F2CA2B8B4867912D266F84A7BA96-3] com.avaya.csta.binding.GetDeviceId@1559a7d

Let me know if you want the full log file

MartinFlynn
ch.ecma.csta.errors.ResourceBusyException means that the Device ID is already in use by a different application. If you search in this forum you will find more information on this. Also, take a look at the FAQ "What does it mean when I receive 'ch.ecma.csta.errors.ResourceBusyException: The device [40010::192.168.17.129:0] is being used by another application' when the application attempts to register?".

Martin
pnwoha
Martin could you please post a link? I understand getting a resource busy on an extension but what does it mean to get a resource busy on an acd split?
MartinFlynn
This limitation applies to all First-party device IDs.

While it is OK to use a first-party device ID for Call Control actions (e.g. Call Control monitor), instead you can use a Third Party Device ID. This does not have the same limitations as a first-party device ID. AFAIK, any number of applications can use a Third Party Device ID for the same device. You can find information on Third Party Device IDs in the programmers guide.

Martin
pnwoha
Martin, thanks for all your help. I finally got a chance to look into this and i can confirm that i can monitor a split and get agent login/logoff events. I consider this matter resolved.
Go to:   
Mobile view