Anonymous

Hi,

Can you confirm if DMCC is capable of sending the aux reason code along with the aux event for agents on CM via lamp events?
MartinFlynn
Can you explain what you are trying to do?

Martin
RohanTalwar3
i want to be able to send the aux reason code defined (eg 1 for coffe break , 2 for others etc) via the dmcc api to the end application when the agent presses the aux button on his phone.

I know it is possible to send the aux reason code via the TSAPI service along with the agent event but is it also possible via the DMCC service?
MartinFlynn
There are two ways for the DMCC to update an agent's AUX reason code:

1. Use SetAgentState. This will use the TSAPI service to update the Agent's state. It is possible to enter a reason code.

2. Use DMCC to press the AUX button on the phone followed by the reason code - just the same as pressing them on the phone.

I suggest experiment using the DMCC Dashboard. It comes as part of the .Net SDK and is a very powerful investigative tool.
RohanTalwar3
Hi Martin,

I tested using the dashboard and was able to see the aux reason code being sent across as button press.This clarifies my doubt.

Thanks a lot for your inputs. :)
Anonymous

HI Martin,

I have used the DMCC to monitor an extension for events. However what i am able to see is that the events for the aux state and login state are not coming on a realtime basis and it is only when i run the "get agent state " function on the dashboard do i receive the actual state of the agent.

Is there any way by which i can get the real time events happening on the extension to be sent across to my dashboard via the DMCC?

when i monitor the extension via the start monitor option on DMCC i am able to find only the below events as enabled.

agent logoff
agent logon
agen login ext
conf cleared
delvered
diverted
DND
EST
Failed
forwarding
held
network reached
originated
queued
retrieved
svc initited
transferred

and it seems any change on the above events is passed on immediately and for agent state i have to rely on get agent state.
MartinFlynn
1. If you start a monitor on a Hunt Group, you will get Agent Login and Logout events whenever an agent logs in/out to the Huntgroup.

2. You will NEVER receive any other Agent state change events. The AE Services just does not send them. It is unfortunate that they are mentioned in the API documentation as they are never sent to Third party applications.

3. The only way to know if an agent's state has changed (apart from login/logout), is to use getAgentState. You may call this at regular intervals to poll the agent's state.

Martin
Radeev
There are two ways for the DMCC to update an agent's AUX reason code:

1. Use SetAgentState. This will use the TSAPI service to update the Agent's state. It is possible to enter a reason code.

Hi,

I am using the SetAgentState method, but I am not able to set the Agent State to a specific Auxiliary state. For example, I have 1: "Break", 2: "Lunch", 3: "Meeting", etc,. in my Auxiliary states. They are uniquely identified by the Reason Codes. I am sending in the following parameters, the state changes to Auxiliary, but the right reason code is not selected. It always goes back to the previous Auxiliary reason which was manually selected by the user.

parameters.Device = "DEVICE ID in the right format";
parameters.ReasonCode = 3;
parameters.RequestedAgentState = ThirdPartyCallController.RequestedAgentState.AM_NOT_READY;

Here, I wanted to change from Auxiliary: Lunch to Auxiliary: Meeting. The reason code for Meeting is 3. Upon passing that as a parameter, it doesn't change to that Auxiliary Reason state.

I tried setting the Agent State through the Dashboard. It is not selecting the appropriate Auxiliary Reason code there as well.

Please assist on how to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Radeev
Go to:   
Mobile view