RAC_member
Hello,

We use connectPredictive method for dialing customer.

This method take parameter which name is MAX_RING. I set 3 MAX_RING parameter, method return and call dropped after 3 rings.

But if I set 5 or 6 or value which is bigger than 3, method returns after 3 rings but call still is ringing until value of max_ring.

Do you have any experience about this problem?

Can you please help?

Regards.
MartinFlynn
I see the same behaviour.

I suspect that the JTAPI client is starting a timer when the application calls connectPredictive(). Presumably, this is to make sure that the function will always return control to the application, event if it gets no further information about the call via AE Services.

I think that the programmer wanted to set the timer to the maximum possible time that the call could ring at the customer's phone before Communication Manager would decide that the call had failed. Unfortunately, it look like he forgot that MaxRings is not in seconds and each ring is several seconds long, making the timeout too short.

I have asked somebody from the product house to take a look.

Martin
RAC_member
Hello,

I founda a parameter in TSAPI.pro for configuration.

This parameter is "callCompletionTimeout". It manage call maximum timeout for makePredictiveCall method and some methods.

If I set max ring parameter's value under callCompletionTimeout , CallCompletionTimeout's value is the last config for calling.

Regards.
MartinFlynn
Yes, I have not come across that parameter before but, coincidentally, the product house replied to me today with the same information.

You will need to make sure that callCompletionTimeout is long enough so that the call times out first.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view