eLVeeJay
When making a call, how to impersonate someone else?

Our customer needs to be able to impersonate (make the call look like it is coming from) another company, in this case our customer's customer's insurance company. This will of course be done with the insurance company's approval (no spoofing here :-) ).

I can see there's From, To and ContextId. I would assume it had something to do with the ContextId...or are there other, unlisted parameters? Or maybe another MakeCall function?
JoelEzell
Hello,

There are multiple ways you can do this:

- If you want to do this on calls that are placed manually on the phone / soft client, you could configure a call intercept snap-in / workflow such that all outbound calls are intercepted. You can then use the Participant.setPresentedHandle / setPresentedDisplayName methods to change the number / display seen by the called party. This mechanism would also work for AES-initiated calls and for calls initiated from the Breeze two party make call API (below). The helloservice in our SDK illustrates how this is done.

- If you're fine with only doing this on calls initiated from a snap-in, you could use our two-party make call methods. To do this, you would first go to the IdentityFactory and create an Identity that you want to be presented to the called (and calling) parties. This includes both a number and a display. You then would go to CallFactory and invoke this signature: create(String from, String to, Identity onBehalfOf) The ClickToCall service in our SDK shows how this is done.

eLVeeJay
No snapins - I use the REST service interface to pass orders/receive events (ex: from phone X make call to number Y)
JoelEzell
Unfortunately, this functionality is not available via the Engagement Call Control REST API.
eLVeeJay
I haven't looked at snapins (as I code C# and not Java so the REST service seemed like a good interface for me). But would it be possible to make a snapin that exposes some rest functions so I could do my impersonation via an outside command? If so, would it be troublesome or easy?
eLVeeJay
Or is there some other way of doing this from the outside? While I have touched Java some time ago, I'd rather stear clear of it...
JoelEzell
This is currently only possible through writing a Java snap-in. Your snap-in could indeed expose a REST interface so that it could be invoked from a .NET (or other) application. We have a ClickToCall sample snap-in in our SDK that does something similar. It probably wouldn't be too hard to modify that sample app to suit your purposes.
eLVeeJay
Thank you. :)
I suppose that could work.

I also heard, that I might be able to do something like that via the .NET SDK for AES/DMCC? Is that so?
JoelEzell
Unfortunately not. DMCC doesn't allow applications to influence displays.
Go to:   
Mobile view