RasheedA
are there any documents or example?

i want to know how i could started e.g. an engagement designer worflow from an application created in Eclipse of Android studio.
this workflow would be triggered via a button or event triggered within the Application
JoelEzell
Hi Rasheed, the attached will hopefully prove useful. Please let me know if you have any questions / comments.
Filename Engagement Designer External Trigger.pptx [Disk] Download
RasheedA
Hi Joel, thank you for getting back to me.

your doc helped a bit but I'm still lost so let me rephrase my question.

if I want to start a workflow from e.g. an android app, what methods can I use to call or trigger that flow?

would it be
1) when a button is pressed it will send out a HTTP request if so... what would the url of that request be?
would it be a request into the collaboarotry?
2)would the world flow have to be listening for the request?
3)is it a case where I would have to use the button and POST to sent data onto a database then get a workflow to read from database?

do I have the concept right but I'm going about this the wrong way?
JoelEzell
Your android app would send an HTTPS POST to Breeze. As is specified in the presentation that I posted, the URL would look like this: http://myBreezeServer.example.com/services/EventingConnector/events

A word of warning though: the security mechanisms applied on such a request would be the same as other HTTPS requests coming into Breeze:
- Optional enforcement of sending IP address whitelist
- Optional client certificate challenge

These security measures are perfectly fine for server to server communications, but not as good for client/server communications. In a production environment, it would not be advised to allow mobile devices to directly post to the eventing connector but rather they should go through another server.

I'll send you a private message about how to specifically construct the URL for your Collaboratory
Go to:   
Mobile view