RodneyPupla
I would like to propose that the Breeze, Oceana, Aura, Esna and other products develop docker container versions of all of the server based applications and make them available to Business Partners and Cloud providers to sale licenses for both on-prem and cloud versions. Please share your thoughts and the feasibility of this? I think this would be a boon for Avaya (product sales/demo, redundancy and support) and partners sales/support/services options to offer customers.
JoelEzell
Hi Rodney, rest assured that this is something that has a high level of focus from the product group. Avaya R&D has formed a "Cloud Technology Council" that is a coordinated group of individuals from across the product groups, sharing knowledge and formulating a common roadmap.

You may have seen that we recently released Avaya Aura on AWS as our first product foray into cloud environments. Support for other IaaS environments will flow. It turns out, however, that it's not extremely straightforward to put our existing products into Docker. Docker is not a full Virtual Machine environment and it is more suited to a microservices architecture. We will continue to investigate and prototype with Docker, and will hopefully be able to start to move in that direction as time goes on.
RodneyPupla
Excellent, I hadn't noticed the Avaya Aura on Amazon yet! 8) I will check it out, I look forward for more to come and thank you for your response.

Another caviot that I hope is explored is this, Esna has already pretty good integration with Google Apps: (gmail,drive,chat,messenger,etc). With Microsoft Skype for Business efforts, it would be a good idea to explore how we can leverage that more in the Avaya Aura space as well, why not package Google Apps for Business with a clean integrated Avaya Communicator client as a play to off-set the Microsoft "integration" argument/competition??
Go to:   
Mobile view