Mache
Hi,

I am trying to make a post call survey IVR application using OD.

After the conversation between agent and customer, agent will be transferring or conferencing the call to the ivr.

I want to block the agent to unable to enter any value for this survey.

Please help.

RossYakulis
If the call is transfered from the Agent to IVR then the agent is out of the call path.
Mache
Hi Ross,

My bad. My query was when the call is conferenced with the ivr, I don't want agent to enter any value.
RossYakulis
In this scenario, EP (OD) is being brought into the call. EP see this as a new call coming in. The control of the media path is outside of EP's influence. Where ever the call is "anchored" is where you might be able to do that.
Mache
Hi Ross,

Please can you let me know how can i control this after the call is anchored with the customers.

Also with my sip network, can i still use AES call control functionalities?

RossYakulis
I contacted some one that is more versed in the AES connector than my self and they say

"No, you can't use the aes connector with sip. You should be able to do everyrhing with vxml if it is sip based".

Note I believe both Wilson and my self also pointed this out.

Looking at the OD trace you can notice how OD gets various values:

<var name="session___aai" expr="getScriptItem( 'session.connection.aai' )"/>
<var name="session___ani" expr="getScriptItem( 'session.connection.remote.uri' )"/>
<var name="session___dnis" expr="getScriptItem( 'session.connection.local.uri' )"/>
<var name="session___protocolname" expr="getScriptItem( 'session.connection.protocol.name' )"/>
<var name="session___protocolversion" expr="getScriptItem( 'session.connection.protocol.version' )"/>
<var name="session___uui" expr="'unknown'"/>
<var name="session___calltag" expr="'unknown'"/>
<var name="session___channel" expr="getScriptItem( 'session.avaya.telephone.channel' )"/>

The values for session.connection.* and session.avaya.* are outside the control of OD other that we grab the values and return them to the application server. If there are other values you wish to retrieve from the VXML interpreter session you can use a capture expression item on the Approot and supply the proper expression. for example (session.connection.protocol.sip.callid or session.connection.protocol.sip.from.uri).

See "SIP header support for CCXML and VoiceXML applications" in the EP on-line help. For further information you will likely need to talk to platform support.

RossYakulis
for session.avaya.telephone.* these fields are available.

callid
teletype
dnis
ani
uui
aai
iidigits
called_extension
rdnis
coverage_reason
coverage_type
call_tag
startPage
sip
ccxml

Mache
Hi Ross, Wilson,

I have tried the capture expression node in my OD application and tried to capture 6 values but unable to get any except the dnis which i was getting earlier.

I used
session.avaya.telephone.ani
session.avaya.telephone.callid
session.avaya.telephone.dnis
session.avaya.telephone.called_extension
session.avaya.telephone.ccxml
session.avaya.telephone.uui

and assigned to 6 different variable in the capture Expression node in the approot.

Am i doing this wrong?

When you say these variable can be captured only in vxml application and ccxml, do i need to do anything different.

I am calling this ivr directly from my extension for testing. Do i need to click generte ucid in the application (experinece portal page)? I can see the recording of my ivr in my verint application and i can see a ucid too.
RossYakulis
I said those values are accessible in the VXI session object using the capture expression in OD. Yes you need to click generate UCID when calling it directly to get a ucid.
Mache
Hi Ross,

I am using the capture expression node in app root and setting the expression as below. One capture expression node for each of the below expression. And setting a local variable

session.avaya.telephone.ani
session.avaya.telephone.callid
session.avaya.telephone.dnis
session.avaya.telephone.called_extension
session.avaya.telephone.ccxml
session.avaya.telephone.uui

Still i am not getting the value in the local variable

Am i doing anything wrong here.

Attached the screenshot of my od with the properties of capture expression assigned

• [Thumb - 2017-02-20-PHOTO-00000962.jpg]
[Disk] Download
RossYakulis
I do not think I can help any more here, this is an issue for the platform support. OD can only generate the vxml and then deal with the values returned. Why those values are empty has to do with the EP and how the telephone is setup I believe, but that is out of the scope of this forum.
Mache
No problem Ross,

But please can you confirm I am setting the right values in OD in a right way as per the attached image in my last post.

Also please can you let me know what would be the telephony parameter to capture ucid. Will it be session.avaya.teleohone.ucid?
RossYakulis
you need a P instead of an o in telephone. "session.avaya.telephone.*" Typically the ucid is in session.avaya.ucid
Mache
Hi Ross,

I was not getting the session variables using session.avaya.telephone.* but when i used session.connection.protocol.sip.* i am getting the parametes like

session.connection.protocol.sip.uri
session.connection.protocol.sip.callid
session.connection.protocol.sip.from.displayname

which is a very big relief. :)

But I am still unable to find what will be extension to capture ucid using session.connection.protocol.sip.

Please can you help me know what can i use in this sip header.
RossYakulis
See this post http://www.devconnectprogram.com/forums/posts/list/20658.page and the posted pdf.
Go to:   
Mobile view