SeyhanAydin
Is there a way to trigger a workflow when a certain DTMF sequence occurs?

Use case is as follows:

User A is on a call with B. A wishes to transfer the call to C. A presses ** and enters a code, which is a combination of a call transfer "FAC" and the number they want to transfer to (in this case User C).

I would anticipate that we would use the ** trigger to activate other call features, most likely those in the Engagement Call Control api.

How can I get the workflow triggered upon pressing the **?

Thanks!

Seyhan
JoelEzell
You can do this, but it's going to be an expensive proposition. You would need to have a workflow or Java snap-in that will, on every call, start a prompt and collect operation on one or both participants. This will include a media server on every call. This initial snap-in / workflow would then publish an event (something like "DtmfSequenceDetected" to the Eventing Framework when it detects the digits. Your other workflow(s) could then be listening for those events.

I would recommend that the initial logic be implemented as a Java snap-in rather than a workflow. If you go the workflow route, a Workflow Instance would be started up for every call, and you'd have to ensure that it properly terminates when the call ends. A Java snap-in, however, could just start up the P&C operation for every call then lie latent (consuming minimal resources) until such time as the digit sequence is detected.
Go to:   
Mobile view