Andrew.Prokop
I set one of my dynamic task property variables to "password" ("controlType":"password" within tasks.json). It shows an encrypted value if I type something into the property page on the task. However, when the task is executed, the value I retrieve using get() from the execute() function is encrypted and I cannot use it.

If I create a property which I then map to that value, the value comes to the task unencrypted.

Also, if I set it to "text" instead of "password," the value comes to me just fine.

Is there something I need to do in order to use the encrypted value? Is there something I can do that will have it pass it to me unencrypted as it is with mapping a property?

Thanks!
PrakashN
Andrew,

If you are using the password feature, you need to use the encrypting and decrypting algorithms that we have with Engagement Designer. I thought it was already part of the SDK, but I dont seem to see it in there. Let me look into it and will provide you the details. Thanks!

Prakash Natarajan System Architecture Consulting Engineer Engagement Designer Avaya
Andrew.Prokop
Were you able to find anything?
Bill.Liu
Hi Andrew,

You need com.avaya.wf.util.CryptoUtil to decrypt the password. It will be included in the SDK in 3.2.2.

Rgds,
Bill
Bill.Liu
Hi Andrew,

It should be already in the existing SDK. If you open the SDK you can find the engine.jar in the lib folder. com.avaya.wf.util.CryptoUtil is in the engine.jar.

Rgds,
Bill
Bill.Liu
CryptoUtil.getInstance().decrypt() would do the trick.
Andrew.Prokop
Thanks. I'll take a look.
Go to:   
Mobile view