BrunoKonik
Hello.
An observer is set on a terminal for an ACD agent. In normal situation, the observer reports events that occur on the terminal for which it has been set. However we notice that in some cases, the observer terminalChangedEvent method is invoked for another terminal (event.getTerminal().getName() is different that the terminal on which the observer is set).
Is it possible that the terminal observer set on one terminal reports events that occur on other terminals ?

Thanks for your help!

Bruno
BrunoKonik
My question was not precise enough. I must add that the events reported that concern other terminal that the one on which the observer is set are AgentTermEv. For example, an observer set on Terminal T report agent events of other terminals. Is it possible from an Avaya JTAPI point of view?
MartinFlynn
Firstly, those classes have been deprecated for several years, you should use the appropriate Listener based classes instead.

Agent Login/Logout events are generated for monitors on Hunt Groups (aka skills). So, I am not sure what you mean by "other terminals".

Martin
BrunoKonik
Hello Martin,

I must first apologize for not answering to you earlier! Thanks for your reply.
It is true that the application uses the Observer paradigm instead of the Listener one but it has never been a problem to be honest. What I am observing is the following on a TerminalObserver:

2017-03-06 13:46:04,641 [FR-POI-AES-01] DEBUG JTAPIAddress - 72309: Terminal event[0]: com.avaya.jtapi.tsapi.impl.events.terminal.TsapiTermLogOnEv@2079d420
2017-03-06 13:46:04,641 [FR-POI-AES-01] DEBUG JTAPIAddress - event=com.avaya.jtapi.tsapi.impl.events.terminal.TsapiTermLogOnEv@2079d420
2017-03-06 13:46:04,641 [FR-POI-AES-01] DEBUG JTAPIAddress - event.getTerminal().getName()=70578

As you can see the observer for terminal 72309 is receiving loggedOn for terminal 70578. Both are stations not VDN or skills.

My question is then is it possible that an observer set on a terminal sends a LogOnEv for another terminal ?

Bruno
MartinFlynn
I see that, if there is a monitor on the Hunt Group, the JTAPI client generates a TsapiTermLogOnEv for the Terminal monitor when an agent logs into it. I would expect the Terminal Name in this event to match the monitored terminal. However, as I can't find any Javadocs for this event, I cannot be sure.

My original answer stands, you should be using Listeners rather then Observers. Observers have been deprecated for several years and, I presume, are no longer supported.

Martin
MartinFlynn
I forget to say, you may be able to get a better picture of what is happening by examining the TSAPI traces. You can see these messages in the JTAPI traces, if you have them enabled. Alternatively, you can look at the TSAPI traces on AE Services. There are instructions in the Devconnect Product FAQ "What is the procedure for enabling and accessing the AE Services logs for TSAPI (trace, tracing, g3trace, csta_trace)?". It is in the "FAQ: AE Services TSAPI -> General" section.
BrunoKonik
Thanks Martin, I will follow your advice and use the Listeners as soon as possible. In the meantime, I must keep the application running but I will try to get the traces on the AES.

Thanks again for your help.

Bruno
Go to:   
Mobile view