JacquesPeacock
We have an application which is routing calls using adjunct vectoring/ DMCC route requests. The application is using DMCC to gather route requests and third party call control events from the VDN.

The application has been running for a couple of months now, but recently I have started to encounter seemingly random dropouts of the application session with the AES server.

The following error is appearing in the dmcc-error logs on the AES server at the time of the dropout:

2013-07-08 09.03.32,424 com.avaya.cs.callcontrol.delegs.CCSEventHandler eventDistributorException
WARNING: Unexpected exception from the CCS event distributor. Shutting down session and removing listeners.
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.avaya.cs.callcontrol.handlers.CallControlConfHandler.handleConf(CallControlConfHandler.java:152)
   at com.avaya.jtapi.tsapi.tsapiInterface.TSInvokeID.setConf(TSInvokeID.java:54)
   at com.avaya.jtapi.tsapi.tsapiInterface.TsapiEventDistributor.handleEvent(TsapiEventDistributor.java:103)
   at com.avaya.jtapi.tsapi.tsapiInterface.TsapiEventQueue.run(TsapiEventQueue.java:104)

Once the error occurs, the only way to recover is to completely restart the session an monitors, a reconnect results in a response 'Terminated session can not be reconnected. Reason: Tsapi socket closed'.

There doesn't seem to be any pattern or sequence of events in the preceeding requests and events.

At this point I'm trying to gather some information as to whether this is a known issue, and whether an upgrade or patch from our vendor will resolve.
MartinFlynn
Hi Jacques,

1. Please follow the instructions in the Devconnect FAQ "How can I monitor the XML being sent and received by the AE Services Server (debug, log, trace)?".
2. Capture an example of the problem
4. FTP the traces from the AE Services
3. Open a Devconnect Ticket and attach the traces. See Developer Resources -> technical Support n the left of this page for details.

I will ask a developer to have a look at them.

Martin
JacquesPeacock
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the response. I'll set logging and wait for the error to occur. This may take some time as the error is happening about once a week.

Jacques
MartinFlynn
Hi Jacques,

In the mean-time, exactly what version of AE Services are you using? You can find this information on the top-right of the web interface.

Martin
JacquesPeacock
Hi Martin,

The version from the web interface is r6-1-1-30-0

Thanks,

Jacques
JacquesPeacock
Hi Martin

I have found the cause for this issue.

We have two separate services connected to AES via DMCC. Both services have a route register with separate adjunct vectors/VDNs. If one of the services is terminated unexpectedly (for example power loss or network connectivity failure), then BOTH sessions are dropped by the AES server once the session expiry timer has passed.

This can be replicated by using the DMCC Dashboard.

Is this a known issue with AE Services 6.1?
MartinFlynn
Please open a ticket and attach the traces. I will ask a developer to take a look.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view