MichaelCallaghan
Is it possible to log calls as they're placed using AES and Web Services, or do I need to use another method? Thanks!
JoelEzell
Hi Michael. I'm not quite sure I understand you're question. Are you saying you want to use AES and WS to track and log calls placed and received by users on their telephones? Or are you instead asking if there's a way to track and call logs that are placed through AES / WS?

I think that you mean the former. In that case, the AES web services are unfortunately not going to help you. The Telephony Web Service doesn't support any call progress events, so there is now way for the application to be notified of calls being placed / received on a telephone.

Instead, you will want to investigate DMCC, JTAPI or TSAPI. Each of these APIs allows you to monitor users' extensions and be notified of incoming / outgoing calls on those extensions.

Does that address your question?

Joel
MichaelCallaghan
Basically, I want to log 911 (or other emergency) calls. I think your answer will be the same, though, and that's to use DMCC, JTAPI or TSAPI. I already make use of AES web services, which is why I wanted to check that first.

So at least that points me in the right direction. The mountain of documentation I have here is enormous, and it's hard to know where to start. Thanks!
JohnBiggs
I suggest you start your reading with alook at call control services in DMCC and device monitoring in TSAPI, and a callObserver on a terminal or address in JTAPI.
Go to:   
Mobile view