MikeRoss
Getting this error when calling javax.telephony.callcenter.Agent.getState():

com.avaya.jtapi.tsapi.TsapiPlatformException: CSTA Error: 78

What does this error mean? Is there documentation that describes the error codes?
What would cause this error? Is there anyway to log more information?

Using Ecsjtapia.jar. Version:

Version of Avaya's implementation of Jtapi is 3.1.1 build 82
MikeRoss
I think I determined what this error means. From https://devconnect.avaya.com/secure/download/AES/4.1/02_300544_i3.pdf?
and
http://support.avaya.com/elmodocs2/AES/3.1.1/jtapi/constant-values.html#com.avaya.jtapi.tsapi.ITsapiCSTAUniversalFailure.REQUEST_TIMEOUT_REJECTION

REQUEST_TIMEOUT_REJECTION (78) The TSAPI Service did not receive the response of a
service request sent to Communication Manager
more than 20 seconds ago. The timer of the request
has expired. The request is canceled and negatively
acknowledged with this unique error code. When this
occurs, the communication link between the TSAPI
Service and Communication Manager may be
congested. This can happen when the TSAPI Service
exceeds its capacity.

Where does the TSAPI Service and Communication Manager run? Is there a way to monitor the load?

Thanks in advance.
JohnBiggs
use the command 'status aesvc link' to get a snapshot of the traffic in the last time window. I forget the window interval. It must be in the cm documentation for the command somewhere.....

JohnBiggs
From
Maintenance Commands for Avaya
Communication Manager 5.0, Media
Gateways and Servers

The number of ASAI messages sent/received during the 30-minutes moving window collection period.
MikeRoss
We have two Local Nodes. The number of messages sent and received was about 6000 or 27000 on a node. What is the capacity of AES? Would you expect to see performance issues at this level of traffic? Are there any configuration changes we can make to improve capacity?

Thanks
JohnBiggs
The capacities for the AS-CM CTI (ASAI) links are given in the AE Services Operations Guide, in the section titled:

Application Enablement Services capacities

On the surface the 27000 message 'node' (not sure what you mean by node), may equate to about 15 msgs per second to the AES. That is well within capacity. Unfortunately the status information does not give any information regarding the peak usage on the link, so while the average is 15 we have no clear idea what the peak was. Another drawback is that the total load on a C-LAN is not provided. Thus if a C-LAN is supporting multiple links, or is used for multiple purposes (e.g. station registration, DMCC and AES ASAI links), we don't know the total aggregate load on the C-LAN(s).

The changes to increase capacity on a link is to install and configure addtional C-LAN circuit packs in Communication Manager. A maximum of 4 C-LANs per link is supported. You can also split registration traffic to C-LANs dedicated to that task, and DMCC traffic to C-LANs dedicated to that task.

A different way to interpert the data you are seeing is that there is network congestion/loss occuring when this problem surfaces. While the AES has a retry strategy for the request, a severe network imparement can defeat the three retrys that are attempted.

Is there an Avaya Maintenance agreement on this switch/AES? If so I suggest you take advantage of it. The supporters of these forums are knowledge experts in the AES APIs, we are not knowledge experts in CM / AES link issues. The Avaya Support team is better armed to resolve issues in that domain.
Go to:   
Mobile view