MarwaKamal
Hello,
i was wondering if there is an api that helps in the following:
1- sending a voicemail to an Avayaphone
2- simulating a phone call and detecting weather a user replied or voicemail

thanks
MakarandBhalekar
Hi Marwa,

With Avaya ACE 6.2 release, RESTFul Messaging API is made available for the developers. Users can retrieve, delete and modify voicemail messages and messaging information through Avaya Messaging service provider.

Please check the 'Messaging Interface' Section of Avaya Agile Communication Environment? Web Services guide for more details.

We have recently made ACE Web Services Trainer 6.2.2.0 available on the DevConnect portal which enables testing of the Messaging API.

Now coming to your questions:
1- sending a voicemail to an Avayaphone
Response--> As of release 6.2, ACE users are allowed to perform Messaging operations only for the message box assigned to them. Operations on any other message box are prohibited. One can retrieve the details for voicemails and even listen to them.

Now for sending a voicemail, you could use Third Party call Control/ Call Extensions to set-up a call. If the called-party is not available and has a voicemail coverage path defined in its configuration at Communication Manager, the call will go to the voicemail. Is this this what you are looking for? If not, please elaborate on your requirement.

2- simulating a phone call and detecting weather a user replied or voicemail
Response-->getMessageFlags operation through boolean values return the status of 'answered|taggesfordeletion|unread|importance|' flags for a particular message.

So based on the true/false value you can determine if particular message was read and replied.

But the the 'simulating a phone call' portion of your question hints that your requirement might be different. Please elaborate.

Regards,
Mak
DipeshGandhi2 [Avatar]

Hello,

In regards to question #1, could you please clarify in detail what you are trying to accomplish? Are you trying to play voicemail on active call, programatically leave message onto specific voicemail box, or something else?

Thank you!

Dipesh Gandhi Software Engineer, Avaya DevConnect
MarwaKamal
hi Mak,Dipesh
thanks for the prompt response

what i am trying to accomplish is: programmatically leave message onto specific voicemail box through a .net application.

is there some way to do that ?straightforward?

thanks
MarwaKamal
To elaborate more , we have an application where a certain voice msg. has to be sent to users on thier voicemails

we have achived the part of creating voice messages now its time to send them to Voice mails.

thanks
MakarandBhalekar
Hi Kamal,

For your question 1:

I understand that you are trying to send a voice-message directly to the voicemail of a user without involving any interaction with user (i.e. user's phone should not even ring)

Now to answer you question in-short, No, there is no straight forward way to do that. ACE does not extend any API to send voicemails directly.

Only work-around I can think of is through using AE Services DMCC .NET SDK. Create a vector something similar to this. Step no.2 will collect the desired extension number through DTMF. Step no.04 will route call directly to the voicemail of the user (as received in step 02)

01 wait-time 2 secs hearing ringback
02 collect 4 digits after announcement 1521 for none
03 set C = digits SEL 4
04 messaging skill 97 for extension C
05 stop

Now use the DMCC SDK to call the correponding VDN and enter the desired voicemil number after announcement (Generate Digits OR First Party Control) You will have to manage the timing when the DTMF digits are sent according to vector processing stage. The vector will route the call to the corresponding voicemailbox.

Please NOTE that my knowledge of DMCC API is rather limited and you should get this work-around validated from DMCC SMEs. Especially knowing that your voice-messages are pre-recorded audio files and Server Side media control of DMCC is not really scalable for production load.

As I said, there is no straight-forward solution!

For your question 2:
After my discussion with Dipesh, we concluded that you are looking to see if a call was answered by human or voicemail. If our understanding is correct, then ACE call Notification APIs can't help you in this matter. You will get Answered Call Notification event for both human answer and voicemail.

Having said that, I know that the Make Predictive Call method of AES DMCC API supports Answering Machine Detection (AMD) in some capacity.

I will suggest you to consult DMCC SMEs for this scenario also.

Regards,
Mak

Go to:   
Mobile view