EricWainz3
Is there a way to change the outgoing ANI on a per call basis?
DaveBurritt
Eric:

I know for sure that you cannot do that using the .NET API.

I am pretty sure you cannot do it via the other APIs either.

Dave
JohnBiggs
If it could be done it would be through System Management Service (SMS). however the needed form (change public-unknown X) is not presently supported.
DejanPejovic
>> however the needed form (change public-unknown X) is not presently supported.

Question was "per call basis"?
Are you sure that suggested method through form can work on call by call bases.

I had the same problem year ago in my environment using TSAPI only. I've needed to create outbound dialing application which can be used from any seat/extension in our 3000+ seats call center and present specific ANI different from our default call center ANI.

I was using pool of phantom extensions to establish the call and then trasfer that call to pre-allocated agent.

Since call was alwasy made from the limited pool of phantom extensions (<30 ext.) I was able to put these extensions on the form and associate them with specific ANI.

It works fine (over a year), but I'm still not sure if there is simpler solution to it. I'd like to keep it simpler if possible.

Thanks,
...dejan
JohnBiggs
There is not currently available a simpler solution using Communication Manager. If you had access to your own system with ISDN PRI trunks, you can provide calling party information using them. If you insert this system between CM and the network, you can manipulate ANI on a call by call basis. This could be particularly useful if you have programatic control over this system. Such systems are not commonly available, and a fairly expensive solution to this problem.
Go to:   
Mobile view