NunoCarvalho
Dear all,

We want to integrate one of our products with Avaya so that we can establish/forward voice calls among other features.

I'm a little bit confused about the process.

I've downloaded the available AES SDK from you website and I believe there are two scenarios:
1. The AES-CM-SES simulator that is provided on a calendar quarter basis. No hardware is required since we will be connecting to Avaya permisses.
2. Avaya Communication Manager: the AES software bundle is available free-of-charge for downloading. It will be required to purchase the S8300 Media Server/G700 Media Gateway. No recurring cost is applicable and the development/testing environment will run at our premisses.

Are these two scenarios correct?

Additionally, we are intending to use JAVA programming. Do we need to purchase TSAPI SDK?

Best regards
JohnBiggs
Greetings Nuno,
Thanks for your interest in integrating with Avaya.

To answer your questions.

1) The AES-CM-SES Simulator is an appropriate initial test bed by itself for some applications who wish to access signaling level events (i.e. who are not interested in media streams). For call establishment and forwarding services, you can use this product as a starting point to reduce your costs, shorten start up time (getting a CM ordered, and installed takes a longer interval than the simulator). We create a new version each quarter (Jan 1, Apr 1, Jul 1, Oct 1), and the prior quarters version expires shortly after that date. You must provide a PC to host the simulator software. Please read the information on this page for more details on the PC and software you will need (https://devconnect.avaya.com/public/dyn/d_dyn.jsp?fn=117) cut and paste the link into your browser's address line after you have logged into the DevConnect web portal.

1a) There is a separate service that devConnect hosts (remote lab) where we have an AES and CM setup that can be accessed across the public internet by developers who wish to test their products. This 'lab' is available on a signup basis and it has limited amount of time available for any one individual to use. This test bed is appropriate for very small scale integrations, or people doing the exercises in the online courses. Due to the limited number of signup hours a week that are available I would not recommend it for a development test bed. I think you are mixing up #1 with #1a in your posting.

2) You have appropriately stated this possibility in terms of the CM cost. While you can download the AES Software, you will still need to purchase a license for its use. That can be done via the procurement page on the DevConnect web portal. If you procure the CM and AES (and presumably phones) through DevConnect for lab use, we can enable any/all licensing you need for no additional charges. If you purchase from a business partner, you will incur license fees. The big difference here is DevConnect purchased products can ONLY be used for development use (can not be put into the field). Products purchased through business partners can be used in the lab OR in the field. There is also significant cost savings through DevConnect.

To do Java programming you just need to download the JTAPI SDK for the AES. There is no charge for the JTAPI SDK.

The simulator includes all licenses you will need for your testing.

Regards, John
Go to:   
Mobile view