SrikanthS
Hi,

I am very new to the world of Avaya, I am trying out the example program that came with smssvc-sdk and I get the following error message:

sri@192.168.0.10 is submitting request: [ list Station count 5 Extension|Name|Type|Port ] via http://192.168.0.11
A SOAP fault was raised: Connection Failed:
The SMS session was released.

I read the usage document and it said that a SOAP fault means that a connection could not be established by the AES with the CM. Does this mean that the CM is not listening on it's default port at the specified IP or does it mean that the login is incorrect? I'm looking for ways to troubleshoot this problem. Any help is appreciated!

Thank you,
Srikanth
AnthonyGreway
Hi Srikanth,

You are correct, the "Connection Failed:" error does usually mean that AES cannot establish a connection with CM. To get you started in the right direction, I suggest you take a look at this thread: https://devconnect.avaya.com/secure/forum/d_forum_3.jsp?t=913&f=29

If this does not help, please reply to this thread with the versions of AES and CM that you are using.

Thanks,

Tony
SrikanthS
Thanks a lot Tony!

I'll go through the thread you suggested and I'll let you know if the problem still persists.

Srikanth
SrikanthS
Hi Tony,

Thanks for the help!

To follow up on this thread, I was able to connect to the CM later on through AES using the SMS SDK but I still get "Connection Failed" sometimes and I don't know the reason why. After sometime (may be a few hours or a couple of days later) it gets automatically fixed. I don't have a clue why this is happening. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Srikanth
AnthonyGreway
Hi Srikanth,

I am not sure I have enough information to diagnose your particular problem, but I will give you a little background that may (or may not) help you out.

When SMS creates a new connection to a CM it launches a single proxy instance that handles all requests to that particular CM. If you open up requests to multiple CM's, there will be multiple proxies (one to one ratio). A single proxy can handle up to 5 sessions (by default) and will return failures once you open up more that 5 sessions. Now you can think of a single session as an equivalent to a single SAT session on CM, so if you have more that 1 sessions you would have multiple logins to a particular CM. Each one of theses sessions is designed to timeout and tear down after 3 minutes of inactivity but will reopen a connection to CM if the same session ID is used in subsequent requests (seem-less to the client, the only difference is the response time & the posibility of connection failure).

Also to note, the proxy instance itself will timeout after 30 minutes of inactivity and close itself down. Again, if you make an SMS requests to that CM again, SMS will re-launch the proxy instance and setup a connection to CM.

This may (or may not) explain why your connections are fixed "automatically" after some time, but does not explain why they are failing in the first place. Can you give me more information about how you use SMS?

I would also suggest reading up on the SMS SDK Usage notes to help diagnose your problem.

Thanks,
Tony
SrikanthS
Thanks heaps Tony,

Here's how I am using SMS. For every request, I am opening a new connection, executing a command and releasing the session. So when I have to make another request, I open a new connection and release it.

I will go through the usage manual once again and will get back to you if the problem persists. Thanks for the wonderful explanation :-)

Regards,
Srikanth
Go to:   
Mobile view