RobertBlanch
Good Morning,

i was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is possible to set up a script/job/export to have agents exported out to an xml document?

I am looking at 2 differnet things - first one is so that normal operations staff can check to see what agent is assigned what extension. Secondly, if possible, to export every 30 seconds so that it can be run as a "Dashboard" on a Microsoft Sharepoint site.

Regards..
TimSchmelmer
Robert,

You can retrieve a list of agents through our System Management Service (SMS) web service. Unfortunately, to date there is no way of retrieving data from SMS as an XML doc, but rather as a string that lists items (i.e., agents in your case) delimited by a "|" character. You would have to write your own logic to parse this data and create an XML DOM from it.

BTW: you are not the first one to request XML docs as a result format for SMS. Our product management team is aware of similar enhancement requests, and I will let them know that you have interest this feature.

Hoping this helps at all,

Tim

BrianKaupa
I second that request.

If trying to retrieve a list of all agents, what qualifier is used?
AnthonyGreway
Hi Brian,

To get a complete list of agents through SMS you would submit a request similar to this:

Model = Agent
Operation = list
Objectname = <always leave this blank>
Qualifier = <blank>
Fields = *

When using SMS, think of the qualifier as the last portion of the command that you would execute on SAT. Ex: "status station 4700". In this example the operation = "status", model = "Station", and the qualifier = "4700". Ex2: "list station count 50". In example2 the operation = "list", model = "Station", and the qualifier = "count 50".

Similarly, if you would like to only list/display a single agent, you would submit a request to SMS similar to this:

Model = Agent
Operation = display (or "list")
Objectname = <always leave this blank>
Qualifier = 61998
Fields = *

This is also explained in the SMS SDK documentation if you would like any further reference.

Thanks for your query,

Tony
Go to:   
Mobile view