NadimTawileh
Hi,

Are there any plans to add public-unknown-numbering model to SMS in future releases?  

Thanks,
nt
AnthonyGreway
Nadim,

I do not believe that it is in the SMS roadmap but I will pass your request on to product management.  

In the mean time, it is not very difficult to add simple models or fields of your own to SMS.  If your are missing a field or a model, you can feel free to add them.  Just beware that we will not support any models or fields that are added by the end user.

JoelEzell
Hi Nadim,

There are currently no firm plans to add this model to SMS, but I will relay your request on to Product Management for potential inclusion in a future release.  Thanks for indicating that this is a need for you.

Joel
JoelEzell
Sorry for the dupliate reply!  I didn't see Tony's response because it came after I had navigated to this page.
NadimTawileh
Thank you both for your responses.  I followed Tony's suggestion and created a model for it - I can list it fine now via SMS.  However I'm having problems changing it, and this also applies to other supported models like ip-network-map.
I found very little to no documentation on the 'fields' parameter in SMS.  
Here is the record of what I am trying to do with ip-network-map:

[Request12]
method=submitRequest
login=***
password=***
return=result
[parameters12]
model=IPNetworkMap
operation=change
objectname=
qualifier=
fields=FromIPAddress1[1]=10 FromIPAddress2[1]=10 FromIPAddress3[1]=10 FromIPAddress4[1]=1 ToIPAddress1[1]=10 ToIPAddress2[1]=10 ToIPAddress3[1]=10 ToIPAddress4[1]=1 VLAN[1]=n Region[1]=1
[result12]
result_code=1
result_data=
message_text=1 00000000 46c5 "F" is not a valid record flag within a command 
AnthonyGreway
Nadim,

I believe the problem that you are seeing is with the format of your fields.  I do believe the SDK documentation states this, but the fields should be pipe delimited.  So your fields should look something like this:

fields=FromIPAddress1[1]=10|FromIPAddress2[1]=10|FromIPAddress3[1]=10|FromIPAddress4[1]=1|ToIPAddress1[1]=10|ToIPAddress2[1]=10|ToIPAddress3[1]=10|ToIPAddress4[1]=1|VLAN[1]=n|Region[1]=1

By the way? Project management has approved the inclusion of the public-unknown-numbering Model to be included in the next release of SMS (4.1).  Thanks for your input!

Tony
NadimTawileh
Thanks for your help, Tony.  It works great.  Looking forward to having it supported in 4.1! 

nt
Go to:   
Mobile view