BenHoover
Hello,

I've been told that at our customer site where our application will ultimately be running, the agents "log in" to their VoIP hard phones when they get in for the day and then "log off" when they leave. Is there a way to simulate these log ins and log offs in the BDE?

Thanks,
Ben
MartinFlynn
If you do not have a deskphone, the nearest thing you can do is to use the DMCC Dashboard to register a phone in Main mode. This is the same as logging in. Unregister it to logoff.

The DMCC Dashboard comes as part of the DMCC .Net SDK. It looks quite daunting when you start it up first but you'll quickly get the hang of it. It's a very powerful test tool.

Martin
BenHoover
Thanks for your help, the Dashboard is daunting but I did get it to work. Maybe this next question is for a different forum, but what is the best way to detect those registers/unregisters in software? I had hoped to use TSAPI but I don't see any TSAPI events when I register or unregister using the Dashboard.

-Ben
BenHoover
Any thoughts on this? Being able to detect when an agent logs into and logs off of their desk phone is pretty vital to the application that I will be building.

Thanks,
Ben
MartinFlynn
As of AE Services 6.3, you can use DMCC to get EndpointRegisteredEvent /EndpointUnregisteredEvent events when people login/out of their phones.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view