GregFoulks
I''m missing something and I need some help finding it.

We just deployed an application to a customer site. The application tested out fine in our lab environment but now that it is on the customers site the database calls are not working. 

The only difference between the two locations is that we use a Oracle 8 on our AIR and the customer has 10g.

I''ve copied the oracle.jar and classes12.jar files to the app server and saved them in the <tomcat>/common/lib directory, when we connect remotely and use DD to configure the DBOF everything works fine. When we try to run the application and it reaches a DBOF it fails with a message saying that it was unable to establish a connection to the database.

I''ve checked and the listener is running with a configured listener.ora file... I''ve got the class files in the common/lib of the the app server.... what else am I missing?

Greg
NeilGoldsmith
Did you put the runtimesupport.zip files on the app server?  

Which driver are you using?  I use ojdbc14.jar for Oracle, but I''m not using Oracle 10.

Also check the context file <tomcat>/conf/Catalina/localhost/<appname>.xml  It should have a number of parameters defined for the DB.
GregFoulks
Yes the runtimesupport files are loaded.

Driver? I''m using the oracle.jar driver.
NeilGoldsmith
Was the context file ok?

What is your connection string to the DB (other than user/pwd).

GregFoulks
Found the problem

The contxt file had the old db connection info.
Go to:   
Mobile view