PaulShepherd
In IC there are 2 workflow types tr1 and tr2, async and sync. How do we differentiate this in DD? 

any idea why we are always getting the "tr2" inserted into the workflow name, when I call IC Workflow from my appl in DD? If I put tr1 in front of the worflow name or not, it always inserts a "tr2" by the time it gets onto the VOX. 
I have tried using "pcs_edustore", "tr1pcs_edustore", "tr2pcs_edustore". when they get over to the vox, they have become:
"tr2pcs_edustore", "tr2tr1pcs_edustore", "tr2tr2pcs_edustore".

The VOX strips the first 3 characters from the name, so we are now using just "pcs_edustore", and VOX can find the workflow. Where does the tr2 come from? 

I have found that if I chose an Output variable in my InvokeWorkflow node that I get an error "VOX did not return anything" in my appl. If I use no Output variable, I dont get an error from IC. 
NeilGoldsmith
We ONLY support tr2 (synchronous) transactions.  Your application will wait for a response back from the VOX when you invoke a workflow or the timeout is exceeded.  We don''t support asynch communication between the app and the ICConnector, so there is no way for us to notify the app if using asynch to invoke a wf.

The tr2 is prepended to the command before we send to the VOX, so you don''t have to do it manually.  

The outputs must match the expected outputs from the IC workflow.  This means your simple variable or complex field name must be the same name as the wf output from IC (case sensitive).  When we get a response back that the wf has finsihed, we query the VOX for the outputs by name.  If no name is found in the VOX cache or the name does not match, we return an error.

example:
IC wf returns - customerid   as an output

in your app, you would setup either a simple or complex variable and use it as one of the four outputs to the IC wf cmd.
Variable in your speech app:
simple:  customerid
complex: customer.customerid
Go to:   
Mobile view