MdAyub
Hi,

I am going through certain development activity in which I want to track the AgentId and UUI data of a call that will be handled by an Agent, using these data I need to set UUI which will be original UUI+AgentID.

I came across two approaches, that are:-

a) Monitor all the agent's extensions/station on AES and write an observer class(using JTAPI) which will keep track of the activities related to all the logged in Agents to capture AgentID and UUI.

b) With the help of AVAYA one X agent's API(Event Notification API), we can register our client to the particular 1-X agent and send HTTP requests to get the XML formatted response and then extract and make use of it.

My Queries are:-
With respect to bullet (a), do have any method or API to get the AgentId for a particular Extension? Any sample application on devconnect would be of great help.

With respect to bullet (b), do we have any API to capture the login event of AVAYA One X Agent?

Thanks.
MartinFlynn
For question a:
The following code will get the agent(s) logged in at station 12345.

LucentTerminal agentTerminal = (LucentTerminal)myProvider.getTerminal("12345");
Agent[] agents = agentTerminal.getAgents();

Note that it is not possible to inject or alter UUI during a call using JTAPI. You can only inject it while making a new call. So, if your application were to transfer the call (or conference it), it could inject new UUI into theis new call.

Question b:
I am not familiar with One-X Agent. Have a look at http://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_one_x_agent/overview/index.gsp . If this does not answer our query, open a Tech Support ticket and a colleague will respond.

Martin
MdAyub
Thanks Martin for your Swift reply.

As I know how to get the AgentID now, is there any way I can get entire list of station number monitored by AES? From there I will check for the AgentID on all the station (if agent is logged in)

I was planning to put a centralized CTI client which can monitor all the stations and fetch the UUI and AgentID on the answer event on any of the stations when a call has arrived. Is this achievable OR do i need to have individual CTI client to do this?
MartinFlynn
There is no problem having a centralized client but, as you say, you will need to know which extensions to monitor.

Getting a set of extension numbers from the AE Services is usually not possible and you will probably end up having to configure the application with the list of extensions.

If you use the AE Services Security Database (SDB), you would need to configure a list of extensions that can be managed by your application's CTI username. I believe there is a way for the application to download this list. Otherwise, you will need to configure your application directly.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view