KishorePinnamaneni
I am using DMCC .NET API. How do I Set and Get Agent State? I know the support in there with 6.1 onwards. But is there a work around with 5.2?
MartinFlynn
Those methods are available in AE Services 5.2 as alpha quality. They should work but are not officially supported. If you go down this route, I recommend you use the latest version of the SDK as it is likely to include bug fixes and will work with your 5.2 AE Services.

Apart from upgrading your AE Services, the only workaround would be to use TSAPI or JTAPI to perform these functions.

Martin
KishorePinnamaneni
I tried the code to SetAgentState and is not changing the phone status. Do I need to so change anything else in AES configuration or Phone Switch?
MartinFlynn
Can you describe exactly what you are doing? SetAgentState will update the Agent's status, not the phones.

Martin
KishorePinnamaneni
I am trying set agent state and work mode using third party contoller

ThirdPartyCallController.SetAgentStateParameters agentStateParameters = new ThirdPartyCallController.SetAgentStateParameters();
agentStateParameters.Device = deviceid;
agentStateParameters.RequestedAgentState = ThirdPartyCallController.RequestedAgentState.AM_NOT_READY;;
agentStateParameters.WorkMode = ThirdPartyCallController.WorkMode.AuxWork;
serviceProvider.getThirdPartyCallController.SetAgentState(agentStateParameters, null);

This is not setting the values as expected. I checked with GetAgentState method. If this is not the right method what should be used to change the phone status to "AUXWork" mode?
MartinFlynn
Assuming the agent is logged in already, the problem is probably with your deviceid. You should use the GetThirdPartyDeviceId service to have a proper ID generated. The deviceid should be in the form "number:switch::0".

You will be able to get much better information about the cause of problems using the DMCC traces on the AE Servces. You can find out how to do this from the Devconnect FAQ "How can I monitor the XML being sent and received by the AE Services Server (debug, log, trace)?".

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view