lefteris
Actually I was referring on vxml’s return namelist. I have managed to return data from vxml to java using

<exit namelist="vXMLresult callID var1 var2" />

In your code snippet you are using requestId to get the corresponding call.
Why are you doing this? You already have the requestId for this request.

Something else. Have you ever tried to use MediaFactory.createRecordItem() for RecordItem? I don’t want to use the AMR snapin published by Avaya as the latest api includes record capabilities. The problem is that I must use a PlayItem to announce a message to customer and then use the RecordItem. But According to API specification record starts when Media Server is involved. This means that recording starts when MediaService is initiated for PlayItem and before calling RecordItem. This results to recorded wavs with bigger duration than the actual recording. How can I achieve this? I want to record user’s inpur after the prompt announcement is finished. Do I have to initiate a second MediaService? Also I can see that RecordItem has limited functions like setFileUri for storing the recorded wav but there are not any functions to play a wav or to do something else with record.

Regards,
BobBraudes
I have not tried to use the vxml namelist, so I can't help there.

With regard to requestID, we have multiple calls going on in parallel with this snap-in and multiple dialogs per call, so it's used for bookkeeping purposes. This was actually part of an automated test system where we have one snap-in doing TTS and another doing ASR.

Unfortunately I have also not tried to use creatRecordItem, as this code was written before that was available.

Perhaps someone else reading the forum has done more with VoiceXML and can provide answers.

Regards,
Bob
JoelEzell
Please post your question regarding recording in a separate thread and I will respond there. It's easier for others to follow if we don't mix distinct topics in a single forum thread.
lefteris
Thank for your answers.

I will create a new thread for record item. Something final. Have you ever tried to use call.suspend().
I am trying to use suspend() in callIntercepted but it;s not working. The scenario is

when callIntercepted is invoked , invoke a vxml to collect some user inputs.
Then call call.suspend() and wait for doEvent of VxmlListener.
If vxml return values use call.allow()
Then play an announcement to caller and call call.suspend() until the playCompleted is invoked to allow the call to continue.

But call.suspend() is not working. Is there any sample for call.suspend() usage?
Do you want to create a new thread for this one as well?

Regards,
Go to:   
Mobile view