VasilyL
Oops...
It is not a warning but a task sign...

Now I see...
Well, I still have question: why java class is not deleted when node is deleted?
RossYakulis
In case you have added custom code to the class we do not delete it. Safer.
VasilyL
Do you mean if I add the code directly (manually) in the Java class or it has been added automatically after a added something in the block logic (in the flow editor double click the block and add logic)?

I am asking this since I don't add anything manually in the class file but after block removal the class file is still alive.
WilsonYu
Any of the generated Java class could be potentially customized. OD has no control and is not able to know whether there is customization or not. So it leave the Java class there and mark it orphaned. The developer has to decide what to do with it.
VasilyL
Hi WilsonYu,
Thanks for clarifications.

In that case I see a scenario with a minor problem.
1. Add "Data" block. Save.
2. Add something inside.
3. Remove "Data" block.
4. Make sure that Tasks contain a task for class file.
5. Mark task as a completed and remove it.

After that I still have a "warning" sign on "src" folder in Speech Navigator. Clean-Rebuild - did not help.
Of cause it is a very minor. But I see it a little bit confusing. Please check the screen shots attached.
Problems tab is also empty.
  • [Thumb - Warn_sign_src_folder.png]
[Disk] Download
  • [Thumb - Task_tab.png]
[Disk] Download
VasilyL
One more proposal regarding highlighting in the main flow editor.

When you click symbolic node on the flow then the block it is connected is highlighted with yellow color.

I think vice-versa highlighting could be useful.
From my point of view it will be informative if you highlight all symbolic nodes which linked to that (selected) dedicated block.
VasilyL
And one more proposal regarding highligting/navigation.

I have a lot of java files in the flow package.
Sometimes it is quite difficult to find dedicated block on the main flow.
It may be useful to have possibility to navigate to that block.
Not sure how to implement such navigation, so, as an alternative just highlight it.
VasilyL
Hi,
Did you have a chance to check the proposals/questions?

Thanks,
Vasily.
WilsonYu
If you know the name (or the first few letter of the name) of the node, you can easily find it in the Outline view which lists the node in alphabetical order. When you select the node in the Outline view, the node is also selected and brought to view in the flow editor.
RossYakulis
See attached.
  • [Thumb - Capture.PNG]
[Disk] Download
VasilyL
Hi guys!

You are damn right.
Thanks.
RossYakulis
Sorry it took so long to remember how to detect orphaned java files. I knew it was there I just could not remember where.
VasilyL
Hi,

One more minor proposal.
I wanted to add a comment/description for a complex variable.
But it is possible to add a comment only to the fields when the root element has no such property.

Vasily.
VasilyL
And one more stuff which worry me since I was involved in OD applications development: why java class file generator uses tab sign instead of 4 spaces rule?
Probably it could be useful to add an option to use "4 spaces instad of tab" in Avaya Aura Preferences near by timestamp generation settings...

Vasily.
WilsonYu
Normally, people use tabs. With tabs, you could adjust how they are display in a particular editor. If you need the editor to show more space in Eclipse, you can go to the Preferences->General->Editors->Text Editors tab width setting.
Go to:   
Mobile view