RossYakulis
I did not follow those questions. The voice browser has a default "fetch timeout". Each WSoperation has a default timeout (45). as a general rule when creating the wsop I would change that to something like 5-10 seconds. I do not know off hand what the default fetchtimeout is.

MichaelDailous_deprecated
Ahhh, that explains my confusion. Somewhere, I read once, that the default was 45 seconds. That may not be true for the AEP. That makes perfect sense, now. I'll add this to my list of steps to perform at the beginning of any project. :)

Also, I agree that 45 seconds is far too long. The web service operation timeout for these applications is being set at runtime from a value stored in a database. Fortunately, I've placed all the web service operations in a Data project. When I found the entry in the help system, it uses the "fetchtimeout" property as an example for the External Property pallet item. This gives me the tools I need.

Thanks a bunch, Ross. I appreciate the indispensable help you folks always provide. :)
Michael
Go to:   
Mobile view