JohnBiggs
I have to ask, have you read the Session Recovery section of the programmer's guide (page 115 in this document - note this is the Java programmers guide, I don't know if you are working in Java or .NET but the concepts are the same, and you should read the right document for the language you are using)?
https://www.devconnectprogram.com/fileMedia/download/b6085d94-ca75-41bf-82c7-26a5aa261b5d

Missing Keep Alives indicates that there is a communication problem. Requests from your app are not getting through to the server, and most likely the server can not communicate with your app. However the app shouldn't react (send a reconnect) until you get a serverConnectionDown event.

"If a SessionCleanedUp exception is received on the call to reconnect, it should
be processed as a ServerSessionTerminated event would be. If any other
exception is received, the application should set a timer and try to reconnect
again at some later time. Any requests that the application was trying to send
that timed out in the interval will generate exceptions. "
EsmeraldaH
Hi John, thanks for explaining and yes i have read the docs a thousand times but it always seems to miss something, probably need any example in documentation.
I am using .NET for developing the service.
JohnBiggs
I believe there is a sample app showing session recovery in the DMCC Java SDK. I don't have time to go look for it right now, but given the method names are similar, I hope it can help you past this issue/ further your understanding of this topic.
EsmeraldaH
Hi John, i'm currently reading the docs from Java .net sdk. and there is a part where i am reading :

ServerSessionNotActiveEvent. This event is sent if a message was
received by the AE Services server but the session has timed out and been
placed in the inactive state. A session enters the inactive state if the
Application Session Duration expires before a
ResetApplicationSessionTImer message is received. Upon receiving
this event, an application must first call disconnect on the application’s
ServiceProvider instance, then take the same recovery actions as for
ServerConnectionDownEvent.

Does this mean :
1. Disconnect
2. Try to reconnect
when getting ServerSessionNotActiveEvent? Because the recovery actions from ServerConnectionDownEvent start with reconnecting..
Go to:   
Mobile view