Sushil
Hi Martin,
Do you have any updates on JTAPI fix timeline?
LotharBrandl
Hi,
this is planned for SDK 8.1.3.6 - based on my info ETA OCT 2022.
There should be also fixed the issue mentioned by Martin on following post:
https://www.devconnectprogram.com/forums/posts/list/25700.page
Sushil
Hi,
We re-tested with JTAPI 8.1.3.6.0.8.jar and the behavior is same.
Only JTAPI Traces log is generating and others are disabled after initializing Provider Service.
Any suggestions or configurations needs to do?
MartinFlynn
I just did a quick test with ecsjtapia.jar from 8.1.3.6 and it looks to me that the problem has been fixed:

o With 8.1.3.5, my application trace stopped being produced as soon as it started to use the JTAPI client and the JTAPI client sent its trace into the file defined in TSAPI.PRO
o With 8.1.3.6, my application continues to output trace into it's log file and the JTAPI client sends trace to its file. This is working as I expected.

Martin
Sushil
Hi Martin,
We are getting below message in tomcat log
"We are here as we don't have any old log4j configurations.... Reconfiguring it..."

On startup, our application logs starts generating the log files with log statements but as soon as application initialize provider then our application log generation stops and also cannot see any log statemtns in jtapi_trace.txt.

Below are TSAPI.PRO configuration
192.168.210.225=450
debugLevel=7
altTraceFile=/opt/logs/jtapi_trace.txt
MartinFlynn
Sorry, my log4j knowledge is only basic. JTAPI has recently moved to log4j 2.x. If your Tomcat or application were still on 1.x, maybe that would cause problems?

Martin
Sushil
We tested with log4j-api-2.17.0.jar, log4j-core-2.17.0.jar also with Avaya recommended log4j-api-2.17.3-snapshot.jar and log4j-core-2.17.3-snapshot.jar.
Sushil
Hello Martin,
Could you suggest anything on it?
MartinFlynn
Sorry, as this is working for me in a "normal" Java environment, I have to assume that your issues are somehow related to the environment you are using. I can't help you with that.

Martin
UmeshC
We are also using Avaya JTAPI jar version 8.1.3.6 and facing issue related to logging. Our Avaya connector works as webservice deployed on Tomcat. In our case JTAPI logger reads our log4j2 properties file as I can see appender name in log file but also writing JTAPI logs and application logs in catalina.out and stdout log files. Both JTAPI & our application logs coming in our application log file too.
Can you please guide me about below things-
- What will be path of TSAPI.Pro file in case of Tomcat web service? I put in Tomcat/lib folder
-What will be path of Avaya JTAPI log4j2.properties file for Tomcat web service deployment?
-Is it possible to keep different log4j2 configuration file for our application logging and for Avaya JTAPI logging?

Thanks
Umesh
MartinFlynn
If you open a technical support ticket, one of my colleagues may be able to give you some help with this but I suspect that you will find the answer to most of your questions in log4l/tomcat websites.

If I were working on this, I think I would look into:

1. Disable logging in TSAPI.PRO by setting the debugLevel to 0.
2. Use the Tomcat log4j config file to control the JTAPI logging, eg. the following in log4j2.xml will control the JTAPI logging and send it to its own file:

<Appenders>
<File name="LogToFileJTAPI" fileName="logs/jtapi.log">
<PatternLayout>
<Pattern>%d %p %c{1.} [%t] %m%n</Pattern>
</PatternLayout>
</File>

<Loggers>
<Logger name="com.avaya.jtapi" level="debug" additivity="false">
<AppenderRef ref="LogToFileJTAPI"/>
</Logger>
Sushil
Hello,
JTAPI library creates empty log file at given location. We are using ecsjtapia-8.1.3.6.0.8.jar file.
This is only happening on Windows system. On Ubuntu system it is creating jtapi trace logs along with log statements.
Are we missing anything here?
UmeshC
TSAPI.PRO & log4j2.propertirs file should be in CLASSPATH. In case of TOMCAT you can keep Tomcat/lib folder.
Entry in TSAPI.PRO file should be -
debugLevel=0

altTraceFile=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5_Tomcat85\webapps\AvayaAuraCCEliteConnector\JTAPILog\jtapi.txt
tsDevicePerformanceOptimization=true
traceFileCount=100
traceFileSize=50MB
maxWaitForSocket=20
propertyRefreshRate=14400
callCleanupRate=300
maxThreadPoolSize=200
getServicesTimeout=40
errorFile=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5_Tomcat85\webapps\AvayaAuraCCEliteConnector\JTAPILog\jtapiError.txt
#errorCount=100
errorFileSize=50MB

Change value of debugLevel as per your requirement 0 - means NO Log.
Keep 5 to set level as DEBUG.

You can also use log4J2.properties file to control logging.

Thanks,
Umesh
Sushil
Thanks UmeshC for quick reply.
We have been using tsapi.pro file with below configurations
debugLevel=7
altTraceFile=/home/tomcat/logs/jtapiTrace.txt

We started facing this issue after upgrading to log4j-*-2.17.0.jar.
Anyways, I tested with your suggestions but now it is printing each logs 3 times. I used the log4j2.properties file present in jtapi-sdk. And changed the level to trace.
Still no luck...
UmeshC
Can you please share your application Log4J2 properties file and Avaya JTAPI Log4J2 properties file.

Regards,
Umesh
Go to:   
Mobile view