JohnBiggs
@ James
PS a DevConnect Search of our site turns up only this thread with AS5300, so a link to the software download for it would be appreciated.

https://devconnect.avaya.com/public/search/d_advanced_search.jsp?keywords=AS5300&cbxCategories=1&cbxCategories=9&cbxCategories=10&cbxCategories=3&cbxCategories=faqs&cbxCategories=4&cbxCategories=forums&cbxCategories=12&cbxCategories=8&cbxCategories=5&cbxCategories=11&cbxCategories=6&cbxCategories=2&cbxCategories=7&r=1&B1=Submit
JohnBiggs
@James

My AE Services SMS contact says the SMS software is currently only in AE Services and in the past it was in SES in the past (SES is now manufacture discontinued). SMS would not have the smsxml references since that was only recently added to AE Services.

where you provided <hostname> below,
https://<hostname>:443/smsxml/SystemManagementService.php
I am assuming that is the SAME hostname/ip as your AS5300 server. If that is the case, then run a find on that server from the root looking for SystemManagementService.php
If it is there (on an AE Services server it is in

find / -name "SystemManagementService.php"
./opt/mvap/web/smsxml/SystemManagementService.php
./opt/mvap/web/sms/SystemManagementService.php

but it could be anywhere if someone installed it on your AS5300.

If you find it on your AS5300 the conjecture is that someone ported SMS off an AE Services server onto your AS5300. If that is the case then what is in your lab environment is unsupported and in the customer environment they will be required to use an AE Services server.

If you don't find it on your lab AS5300 then the IPs must be different... ssh to the IP that is in use for SMS service and try to log in (try ssh to the server and login with craft/craft01). If it is an AE Services server it should respond to the 'swversion' command and report to you what it is.
JohnBiggs
@ James
other ideas would be a URL redirect from within AS5300 (access the URL below from a browser and see if the actual IP changes), and using Wireshark to get a better idea of what is really happening at the application and at the AS5300 relative to accessing what appears to be an AE Services SMS service (URL below).

https://<hostname>:443/smsxml/SystemManagementService.php
JamesGilmour
Got word from my engineers. We installed (from CD) the Avaya Aura Basic Development Environtment (Avaya Aura BDE). It includes the following:
Application Enablement Services - 6.1 Build 20
Communications Manager 6.0.1 Build 345
Release 6.01.00
June 1, 2011.
JohnBiggs
there you go! .. BDE contains AE Services... Thus the customer needs an AE Services server to get your application to work.

BDE is a development environment. It is not intended for production. Follow my instructions in this thread in my post from Sep 12 2012 10:53AM, or go through normal procurement of an AE Services server from an account team.
Go to:   
Mobile view