stephanedebluts
Audrey,
The chapter 20 describe how to use intrinsic in the script, how to pass intrinsic value to call variable.
The question from Jacco is how to pass value from call variable to intrinsic ?
I'm also interested by the answer because I need to pass info collected during script execution to the agent (screen popup), and the screen pop uses only intrinsic.
Regards
Stephane
SimonFitz-Gerald2
Chapter 20 describes how to add a new intrinsic as a key/value pair which I can do successfully for a SIP voice and then use this value in a screen pop.
However I cannot do the same for an incoming email. I am using the exact same HDX call to add an intrinsic for email with the only diference being the ProviderContactId.

Is adding a new intrinsic to a Multimedia Contact supported and if so what contact ID should I be using?

The voice and multimedia Contact ID's are both integers which would seem to conflict with each other. The documentation I see about intrinsics does not require the Provider to be provided so how does ACC differentiate between a SIP voice and a multimedia ContactID?
AudreyHayden
Hi Simon,
Multimedia Contacts are not supported with the ContactService.wsdl as these Contacts do not have a CMFContactID associated to them which is required by the ContactService.

Regards,
Audrey
SimonFitz-Gerald2
Stephane,

Chapter 20 gives one example of a number of functions. The one you want to use is SetIntrinsicByName. You send a key/value pair. If the key name exists the value is updated with the value you send forward. If the Key does not exist it will create a new Intrinsic with your name and value which you can use in your screenpop.

setIntrinsicByName(String externalContactId, String key, String value, String user, String password)
Package: UUI

Simon
MohzimShaikh
Hi Simon,

I have a question related to custom intrinsics in an AML Environment.
Can we use ContactService Webservice in an AML Environment to set custom intrinsic in an OD flow? This custom intrinsic can then be displayed in Intrinsic Section of AAAD?

Regards,
Mohzim.
StevenLim
Hi Simon,

I would like to send multiple paramenter from AAAD for screen pop (ie. Caller ID and Skill). Apart from using SOA development tool to concatenate, what are the possible options available as the tool is rather costly?
SimonFitz-Gerald2
Hi Steven,

Depending on what you want to concatenate, you can probably do this within the script. There is a tostring function that works with a few integer values which can then be concatenated with other string values. Failing that a simple web service should do the trick to do the concatenation and as far as I know this does not require the SOA dev kit. However when you come to create or change the Intrinsic you want to use to pass the value to the client,this does require the Open Queue Open Interfaces dev kit which is expensive as you say. Before spending the money check one of the other limitations are not going to catch you ou;

- You can set intrinsics in voice calls, you cannot do the same for multimedia
- All agents get the same screen pop whether they want it or not, or actually need a different one

There are workarounds for some of these things such as doing the old school, write your intrinsics to an external DB and have the client retrieve the data rather than passing them within the application itself. However we should expect better from a product these days.

The other alternative is that Avaya have re-branded Contact Center Express to Contact Center Elite Multichannel Feature Pack and re-released it as version 6.2.2
StevenLim
Hi Simon,

Thanks for the speedy response and valuable advice. To answer your question on "what are the parameters to be concatenated", we need to concat 2 main variables,
- Caller ID (ANI)
- Skill set

Is this doable in tostring?

SimonFitz-Gerald2
Steven,

The function is actually called CONVERT and is on page 314 of the 6.2 Orchestration Designer document. The following is from the document.

CONVERT
Convert script variables of type ACD, CDN, CLID, DN, DNIS, and INTEGER to STRING. The string operations APPEND, CONTAINS, and MATCHES only work with string variables. This command allows a primitive conversion for complex routing decisions in scripting.

You cannot convert variables of type SKILLSET, AGENT_ID, or any other types of variables not listed above
StevenLim
Hi Simon,

That's a very useful document. Thanks.

As I was reading the Chapter 25:Basic contact processing commands reference, I cant seem to trace whether SOA Dev Tool is required for CONVERT command. Is SOA Dev Tool needed?

Also, we could use CDN and CLID in "Convert" for skill set and ANI respectively, right?

SimonFitz-Gerald2
Steven,

SOA Dev kit is not required for the CONVERT function is is just part of OD. CLID ia ANI, correct. CDN for Skillset will be dependant on your design and requirements. i.e. does a single CDN queue to a single skillset only??
StevenLim
Hi Simon,

We managed to sort the concatenation part.

The challenge is how can we set this combined string to UUI parameter. Based on the OD document, we must use SOA service to set the UUI string via web service.

Is there alternative where we could bypass SOA?
SimonFitz-Gerald2
Only as mentioned below, one option is where you bypass the intrinsic functionality and write the data you want to pass out to an external database with a unique key such as the contact ID. Then the screenpop function you build for the AAAD uses the contact ID which already exists in Intrinsics to retrieve the data you have put in the database and continue to do whatever you want to do with the data. Note that with this method, you do not need to concatenate data as many fields can be written out to the database.

It is an archaic way of doing things but gets around having to use the Dev kit if it was not priced in to the original sale.
MichaelLukoschek
Sorry if this reply is not perfectly fitting in here, but I couldn't find a better thread - or info in AVAYA documentation.

Is it possible to generate email type contacts rather than openq type using the webservice? The goal is to add custom intrisics to an email contact - and still have it handled by the CCMM routing mechanisms as well as allwoing the agent to answer it just like any other email-contact.

Would it then be possible, to generate a screen pop using a custom intrinsic?

I've seen createContact vs createOQ contact on OpenQImpl class description - but with the cost for OI licenses it's not an option to just test...
SimonFitz-Gerald2
Michael,

That was one suggestion from Avaya to create custom intrinsics for emails. Pull the email out of the queue and then use OpenQ to put it back in as custom work item with custom intrinsics. However I have not tried it.

I ended up using the default contact ID for the email to do a lookup on externally held data.
Go to:   
Mobile view