PritiMachhi
Yes the approach mentioned below is what I would like to go. My problem is how do I get the extension X and the Mac address of the phone in my application?

Will I get these details from any packet which my application can capture?
JohnBiggs
use SMS SDK to do a 'list registered-ip-stations' command and collect the output ... however the binding between a workstation and a extension is arbitrary and you need an external database to look it up. (unless you imbed the workstation identifier in the station's name or something along those lines -- there are precious few 'user data' fields in a station form).
PritiMachhi
Yes we can have an external database which will link the station MAC address with the extension.

But how do I get the station MAC address associated with my PC?
JohnBiggs
Avaya does not know what that relationship is... you will need to manually enter that into the database as workstations (PCs) are put on desks in the ip-hotelling area.

One 'trick' would be for the user running the application at the PC to enter the extension they see on the deskphone beside them. Then you can dynamically figure it out by looking at the list registered-ip-station information. If you don't think your users are capable of looking at the phone and reading the extension off of it, then you need to have a static database of the information that is manually provisioned that is updated when workstations and phones are installed or replaced.
PritiMachhi
Thanks John, appreciate all the help you provided.
JohnChen2
Hi John,

I am trying to achieve remote station login/logout as well. Can I request information about SA8520 via direct email? Appreciate if you can provide some usage examples...

Thanks,
John
JohnChen2
How could I activate the feature IP Hoteling on CM5.2? I turned on SA8520 in SYS Spe, I got the IP hoteling option in Station form, but no Enable IP-Registered and Disable IP-Registered command in SAT. By the way, the email address you gave customdevelpm@avaya.com doesn't work.
JohnBiggs
5.2 or 5.2.1? In Communication Manager 5.2.1? I read that starting with release 5.2.1 customers and BPs will will have the ability to activate Special Application features by the "change system special-applications" SAT command. Special Applications will no longer be activated via a license file and will no longer carry a RTU fee.

If you are having an issue accessing the commands, I suggest you contact Avaya Global Services either through a web page based query (www.avaya.com/support), or a regional contact number you can find through the same site.

One suggestion I will make is that you logout and log back into the SAT. Some commands only activate on logout and login. Alternatively, access to the commands may be restricted from the login you are using (although I would be surprised you can activate the feature but not access the commands via the same login); try a more powerful login like craft.
JohnChen2
Thanks, now I can see these commands in SAT. I can logout an extension eg. 150003 off an IP 9650 with command disable ip-reg-tti, but how could I login that extension back on that IP 9650? I tried both enable ip-registration and enable ip-reg-tti, none works.
JohnBiggs
have you read
1) the document I sent you?
2) these threads?
https://devconnect.avaya.com/public/forum/d_forum_3.jsp?t=2446&f=26
https://devconnect.avaya.com/public/forum/d_forum_3.jsp?t=7137&f=26

I believe they have enough details you should be able to get this feature to work.
JohnChen2
John, now everything looks working fine except the Unnamed Registration as I still got message "MAC address does not belong to station in TTI state". I did everything following your instruction for Unamed Registration, am I missing anything?

In system features,
TTI Enabled? y
TTI State: Voice
Unnamed Registrations and PSA for IP Telephones? y

In settting files,
Set Unnamedstat 1

CM system load: R015x.02.1.016.4
Phone firmware: 3.1.01S
JohnBiggs
So it is not working for any station you use? Right?
What set type are you using?
Do you have a TTI Security Code set?
You are working with H.323 (and not SIP) stations... Right?

First do a 'list registered-ip-stations ext XXXXX' to be confident of your starting point (station is registered
status station XXXXX page 6 has the stations' MAC.. however I think there is an easier way to collect this info.. I just don't recall it off hand.

command is "disable ip-reg-tti old XXXXX" where XXXXX is an station extension. the MAC is optional at this point but you need to know it before you run this command.

Next command would be 'list tti-ip-stations" to make sure you impacted the set you expected to.
next command "list ip-hoteling" to show stations that can be 'enabled'

I am betting that at this point your ip-hoteling list is empty..

I have seen this problem twice..
In one case the issue was the set type/firmware - https://devconnect.avaya.com/public/forum/d_forum_3.jsp?t=7137&f=26 and I entered a MR about this problem.
There was a second case, I am trying to remember. I think it was some provisioning nuance. As soon as I do remember the details I will repost.

JohnChen2
Yes, it's not working for all the stations. I am only using 9650 for testing this feature. I had TTI security code set at 1, not sure if it caused unnamed registration fail. I am working with h323 stations only now.

After I login extension 150003 on the 9650 mannually, then I can do everything from there, I can do list ip-hoteling, I can do disable ip-reg-tti old 150003, and I can do enable ip-reg-tti new 150003 mac xxxxxx to have that extension logged back on, also I can do enable ip-registration old 150003 new 150004 to have extension switched. But after I mannually logout 150003 off the phone, I can not do anything, that message "MAC address doesn't belong to station in TTI state" prompts, I think the reason is that the phone is not in TTI mode after I mannually logout the extension. But the phone was not entered into TTI state after 60 seconds which is supposed to be, obviously the unnamed registration is not working as expected.
JohnBiggs
you are past what I know about TTI and the capabilities of the commands from the SAT... I can verify what you said up to the point of manually logging out at the telephone. Beyond that I don't know what to expect. You are using Communication Manager services and I do not know them to the extent I know AE Services. For Communication Manager assistance I can point you to the documentation and to Avaya Global Services.

I would not expect the SAT commands to do anything once the station 'physically' logs out. Everything I have read indicates the ip-hoteling service requires the station to be logged in, and the TTI I am familiar with is done at the station itself.
Go to:   
Mobile view