MattButalla
I have a question about the installation instructions in the Orchestration Designer SP3 release notes (aaod-6_0_0_13A_SP3-release-notes). We currently have v6 SP2 installed on our production servers (WebSphere v7) and are looking to upgrade the runtimes to SP3. We noticed in the release notes instructions that said the following under the general updates section:

3.2.2 Remove Older Jar files after upgrade

After upgrading to OD 6.0 please make sure you do not have old versions of the following jar files on the application server:
commons-httpclient-3.1.jar
commons-logging-1.1.1.jar
log4j-1.2.15.jar
wss4j-1.5.8.jar

From what we understand, these instructions are telling us remove these jars from our lib/ext directory. The odd part though is that when generating the runtimes via AAOD, these files are still included. Also, the same instructions appeared in the SP2 release notes, and the SP2 runtimes also included all 4 of these JARs.

So, is there anyone who can tell us if in fact we should be excluding these JARs from our runtime installation. And maybe also why the tooling includes them when the install instructions say not to?

Thanks,
Matt
RossYakulis
What this means is make sure that you do not have older versions of the jar files listed.
MattButalla
Got it. I suppose I was confused by the wording, thinking that it was trying to state the those jars (exact file names) are now old and should be removed. Thanks Ross.
RossYakulis
Agreed
Go to:   
Mobile view