JuanMorales2
Hi. I have a VXML application that has a lot of VP parameters.

I want to add some management of calls and holds that requires for me to create a CCXML app that will call my VXML app. This means that the URL I will put on VP is a CCXML one. How can I configure the CCXML app so that It has the same parameters as the VXML one? How can I pass the information from CCXML app to VXML app?
WilsonYu
Not sure what kind of parameters you are talking about. Generally, when the platform starts the apps, it passes a predefined set of parameters, which are not changeable unless there is something in the VPMS/EPMS to do so. To pass parameters from ccxml to vxml, you could do that using attributes in the dialogprepare tag before starting the dialog.
JuanMorales2
I am talkin about the VP/EP parameters that a VXML app has. I can change those on the app when I click on the "pencil" icon in the applications tab on the EPMS. CCXML seems not to have that.
WilsonYu
Oh, you are talking about the configurable variables. Unfortunately, you can not reuse those variables if you are calling the app from CCXML. When the vxml app is called from the mpp, there are certain system parameters passed to the vxml app to allow it to retrieve the configurable variables from EPMS. The mechanism does not exist when calling the app from ccxml. Your best bet is using a set of project variables in the app and pass values from ccxml. That mean you would have to change the app to use the project variables.
JuanMorales2
So, If I wanted to have a form, just like the one that appears on VXML forms, I'd need to develop it by hand? If I were to do that, how could I integrate that with the app? Is that possible?
WilsonYu
I don't understand what you mean by form. You can still develop the dialog that your ccxml calls using OD.
JuanMorales2
On the EPMS, when I click on the pencil icon I see a form where I can fill the parameters I set on OD, and change them for my EP application. How could I emulate this for a CCXML app?
WilsonYu
I am afraid you have to set up your own UI and repository for the configurable values. I will ask around and see if there is any other way from folks who work on the EPMS side.
WilsonYu
My colleague told me that you can setup the app with type CCXML/VoiceXML on EPMS and provide the urls for both the ccxml and voicexml apps (there are 2 entries there). When the ccxml app invokes the vxml app, the vxml app should be able to retrieve the variables. The bad news is you can not have more than one voicexml apps. So this will probably work for you.
Go to:   
Mobile view