BenHoover
I'm using TSAPI to monitor stations, but I assume the behavior I'm seeing is the same with DMCC. This is the scenario I'm running into:

1. Monitored extension makes call, gets call established event with call ID 1
2. Monitored extension creates conference, gets call established with call ID 2
3. Second leg of conference call hangs up, monitored extension gets call cleared event for call ID 2
4. Monitored extension hangs up, gets no cleared event for call ID 1

What happens to that first call? After one side of the conference hangs up, my monitored extension is still on a call but I don't get any event for when this call ends. Am I missing something or is this the intended behavior?

Thanks,
Ben
MartinFlynn
Dealing with conferences and (especially) transfers is quite complex. What you see does look, on brief inspection, to be correct behaviour. There is an FAQ that covers this but the link is broken in the new portal.

I'll get the link fixed but, in the mean time, I have attached the document that explains how CallIDs and UCIDs change during conferences to this post.

It should explain what is happening.

Martin
Filename how-callids-and-ucids-merge-in-conference-and-transfer-scenarios(1).pdf [Disk] Download
BenHoover
Thanks, that document helps a little. My concern though is that after one leg of the conference hangs up, the station I'm monitoring is still on an active call with the other leg of the conference. At this point when the extension that I'm monitoring hangs up, I don't receive any event. It seems like there must be some way to detect that the second call has ended.

-Ben
MartinFlynn
Hi Ben,

It sounds like you never actually completed the conference. At step 3, you have two separate calls - Call 1 is On Hold and Call 2 is Active.

When the "second leg" hangs up, Call 2 ends and you receive an event for that. However, as Call 1 is On Hold, it does not end when the monitored device puts the handset on the cradle. If you check, you will see that there is still an active call appearance. As the call is still active, there is no cleared event for it.

To complete the conference, you have to press the Conference button (or it may be called Complete) a second time.

Martin
Anonymous

The conference is being completed as far as I can tell. I am using the Avaya BDE for development so I don't have conference audio to fully confirm. I'm using the One-x soft phones and using the conference button to do the conference. Once I answer the second leg of the conference (and I do see a call established event for that) my soft phone says "conference".

-Ben
MartinFlynn
I am pretty sure you need to press the Conference button a second time to complete the conference. that is certainly the case for every other type of phone.

Martin
Anonymous

Well I'm not sure what happened with my setup over the weekend (I know our BDE VM's were restarted) but this doesn't seem to be an issue anymore. I'm now getting disconnect events for both call legs.

The conference was completing with just one press of the conference button. I think maybe the difference is that the soft phone is doing single-step conferencing.

Thanks,
Ben
Go to:   
Mobile view