JuanMorales2
Hi.

We have been working with DD/OD localized using es-la 3.1.6 for a while now and had until now missed a problem:

When saying a currency that is an exact number of millions, in spanish you have to say "de" between the number and the currency.

For instance, AR$1.000.000 should read as "un millón de pesos" but reads "un millón pesos". This only happens with exact numbers, that is:
1.000.0001 says, correctly, "un millón un pesos". Is there a way to fix this, other than the obvious rebuilding of prompts to say them as integers, and the optionally adding the "de" word?
JuanMorales2
I am going to go ahead and answer my own question. I dug around and it turns out that this logic is in a jar file inside each app's WEB-INF/lib directory that nicely enough, has the source code included. The steps I had to take where:
  • Create a new audio called std_de on the std_es_la phraseset.

• Create add the STD_DE constant on IPhraseDefs

• Modify the currencyFormat1, currencyFormat2 and currencyFormat3 methods

• Attached the source code for the modifications.
    Filename es-la.jar [Disk] Download
    WilsonYu
    Good for you. Thanks for sharing the change.
    JuanMorales2
    Upon further review, and to simplify the process, the missing word (DE) is the same as spelling the letter D, this new version uses that fact to reduce the size and scope of the change. It also includes the .properties file needed for the system not to complain about the language not being installed.

Is there any ill effect that can come from the fact that this es-la.jar is not signed like the original one?
    WilsonYu
    It shouldn't be a problem. The certificate was just to make sure the package that you were to install was valid.
    JuanMorales2
    Newer version, fixes a bug where zero y said a "cero de pesos", so that it says "cero pesos" as it should.
    Go to:   
    Mobile view