BrunoKonik
Hello,
Is it possible to simulate a queue scenario with JTAPI? The goal is to be able to monitor an incoming call and redirect it to a number if it is possible or to make it queue until that number is ready to pick it up.

The option with VDN and adjunch routing is okay but seems incomplete to me because I don't see how to make the call queued (and hear some music) and then be able to redirect that call to a ready number when that number is ready?

Thanks much for your help.
MartinFlynn
I don't know of any way to do this with JTAPI.

With DMCC, you would be able to create a softphone and deliver the call to it. You could then use the softphone to play music to the customer. When you have an agent to receive the call, you could then transfer the call to him. You would need one DMCC softphone per concurrent call.

Martin
BrunoKonik
Hello Martin,

thanks for your fast answer.

You're saying that it is impossible to redirect a call from a VDN ? Right?

Is it possible to have an empty hunt group (or some other entity like a 'virtual device' on the ACM), which could be observed by JTAPI, and from which calls could be redirected?

Thanks for your time

Bruno
MartinFlynn
You can redirect a call from a vector (rather than VDN) by sending it to a HuntGroup/Agent/phone or using Adjunct Routing. I do not know of any other way.

It does not seem to be possible to transfer a call from a Huntgroup. It failed when I tried it in my lab. Also the TSAPI doc for cstaHoldCall says that the transferring party must be a station (ie. not a huntgroup). You will not be able to transfer a call without putting it on Hold.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view