Mitch
Hello,

I contact you for information on the possibility of dialogue with our telephone centra andl GLPI application we use to manage our HotLine.

we have all the necessary tools at our facility, Communication Manager, AES etc ...

If it is possible to export information from communication manager to GLPI, can you tell me what are the step and protocols / applications / programming I should use.

Do you have documentation on the subject?

sorry for the grammar

thank you.
MartinFlynn
What information do you want to get from the Communication Manager? Configuration or call information ( e.g. calling number, called number, user data, call ID)?

Martin
Mitch
I would send callings'name number for GLPI it opens a form prefilled.

between Communication manager and AES should I use TSAPI (paid or free) or DMCC. Why?

What are the tools that I have used in the EAS to send calling number to GLPI? AMC? Why?

Thanks

MartinFlynn
You can use TSAPI, JTAPI or DMCC to collect the Calling Number. You may pick the one that suits you best.

Martin
JohnBiggs
The choice of DMCC (C#, Java or XSD), versus JTAPI (Java) is based on programming language choice.
TSAPI (C++) is has a cost for the SDK.

All SDKs require the same license (per monitored phone) in AE Services.

The basic methodology would be to establish a session between your application and AE Services, Then establish device monitors on the station extensions you want to get calling number information from, and then AE Services will send your application events when there is call activity at those stations. The events can drive the screen pops at the desktops.
Mitch
Thank you for the information.

SDKs that I will use depends on my choice between DMCC, TSAPI and JTAPI?

if so, what SDK did I should install for DMCC?

For communication between AES and GLPI (server linux Open Source (PHP MySql and APACH)) what type of programing should I use? XML? how?

Thank's

MartinFlynn
For your environment, the DMCC XML SDK is the most suitable.

The SDK contains the descriptions of the XML messages that are sent between the application and the AE Services. Your application will need to be able to produce the requests and be able to parse the responses and events. It also contains some sample code. The sample code is for Java and C# but it should be relatively easy for you to perform the same operations in php.

You should also download the "Device, Media and call Control API XML Programmer's Guide". It will explain how to use the API.

I also suggest that you download the DMCC .Net SDK. It contains the DMCC Dashboard. This is a very useful tool as it allows you to experiment and see the contents of actual XML messages without having to write any code.

Martin
Mitch
thank you for your information it helped me a lot

I have just one last question.

what is AMC?

do I configure for my project?
MartinFlynn
I do not know what AMC is. Is it an Avaya product?
JohnBiggs
I do not recognize AMC... can you show us where you found it, or cut and paste a paragraph that uses it?

AMS is Avaya Media Server.
ACM is a commonly used acronym for Avaya Communication Manager
Mitch
AMC is a connector for SAP. I did not need amc for GLPI is Open Source.

can you help me on these issues?

How to get the number of the caller with vector?
How to send AES?
With the softphone when the hotline answer, can you open a Web page by modifying the code of the reply button?

Thank's
MartinFlynn
o How to get the number of the caller with vector?

I am not sure what you mean by this. If you mean, "how can a DMCC application get the Calling Number of a call which is made to a VDN?" then the application can start a Call Control monitor on the VDN and will receive Delivered and Established events (among others). These events contain the calling number. It is also possible for the DMCC application to monitor the phone that answers the call and get similar events.

o How to send AES?

Do you mean "How can my application send messages to the AE Services?". If so, the application must open a socket to the AE Services and send a StartApplicationSession XML message to the AE Services. The sample code ExampleCmapiXML.java does all this in Java. It should not be difficult to replicate this code in php.

o With the softphone when the hotline answer, can you open a Web page by modifying the code of the reply button?

I do not know what this means. What is the "reply button"? What is the "hotline"? What do you mean by "you open a Web page"?

When you talk about AMC, are you talking about a product by AMC Technology?

Martin
Mitch
When the Helpdesk (Hotline) answered a phone call, a web page (Internet) due to open in PHP / HTML. This is the web page that will get the information that AES sent in XML format.

my question is: How can I open a web page when the HelpDesk responding?
ACTS should I use?

Do you know the code to retrieve the caller?

What is the path (step by step)?

And thank you for another answer
MartinFlynn
- my question is: How can I open a web page when the HelpDesk responding?

You will need to write a DMCC application that does:
1. Opens a connection with the AE Services
2. Gets the DeviceID of the phone(s)
3. Starts a Call Control monitor on the phone(s)

It will then get events when a call rings at the phone (Delivered event) and is answered (Established event).

It is for you to decide how to have these events control web pages.

- Do you know the code to retrieve the caller?
Your application can get the Calling Number from the Delivered or Established events.

Martin
Mitch
What do you say about Gets the DeviceID of the phone (s)?
Go to:   
Mobile view