JuanMorales2
Hi.

We have an application that calls a module (via Subdialog) on Websphere 8.5. The invocation seems to work fine, but upon reviewing the report nodes that are sent from within the modules are not being written to the database. That is, the reports from the main app are written just fine, but the reports from the modules are not written. If we change ddrt.properties to report the log locally, then the reports are written in the local file, but still not on the database. Is there a setting that needs to be changed on the WS file? on the ddlog4j files?

Thanks
JuanMorales2
I have checked the same with a different IVR using Tomcat 6 + OD6SP1 and it seems the same thing happens.
SamareshKowshik
Modules should log their reports in the same fashion that the main app does so. OD writes out the log by calling platform code, VPAppLogClient.jar to be more precise. If there is a problem, it's going to be in there or with the connection to the external DB, though I know you've said the main app does log correctly to the DB. Have you tried changing the VPAppLogClient.log4j.properties file at line:

log4j.logger.com.avaya.vp.applog.client=WARN, VPAppLogClient

And change WARN to DEBUG to see if that does anything? Also check vpAppLogClient.log, which is located in the main "log" directory of your app server, in a subdirectory. In Tomcat, it's just:

<Tomcat_base>\logs

For WAS, it should be:

<WebSphere_base>\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\installedApps\<Machine_name>\Node01cell\logs
IvanFontalvo
Hi SamareshKowshik,

I'm at the same team of JuanPablo.

So according what you said, we modified the file from warn to Debug, and we see is next :

1) when the call is in the main app :

VPAppLogClientBase:getAxis2PrimaryUrl: axis2 vpms primary url: xx.xx.xx.xx
DEBUG - VPAppLogClientBase:getReportUrl() - report URL is: https://xx.xx.xx.xx/axis2/services/VPAppLogService
DEBUG - VPAppLogClientBase:getAxis2SecondaryUrl: axis2 aux vpms url:
DEBUG - ReportWriter:setReportUrlSecondary() - secondary URL:
DEBUG - ReportWriter:setAppName() - Application Name passed by MPP: Colpatria
DEBUG - ReportWriter:setDDAppName() - DDAppName = Colpatria
DEBUG - VPAppLogClientBase:getUserId() - User ID is SET

The application obtains the parameteres needed to work, but when the main app call a module happens the next :

VPAppLogClientBase:getAxis2PrimaryUrl: axis2 vpms primary url: null
ERROR - VPAppLogClientBase:getReportUrl() - report URL is EMPTY
DEBUG - VPAppLogClientBAse:setReportUrlSecondary() - secondary vpms reporturl: null
DEBUG - ReportWriter:setReportUrlSecondary() - secondary URL: null
DEBUG - ReportWriter:setAppName() - Application Name passed by MPP: Multilinea
DEBUG - ReportWriter:setDDAppName() - DDAppName = Multilinea
ERROR - VPAppLogClientBase:getUserId() - User ID is EMPTY
ERROR - ReportWriter:setUserID, useris is NOT set
ERROR - VPAppLogClientBase:getPassword() - Password is EMPTY

the module is not receiving the paremeters from session in te objetc request.

this similar and consistent with another problem that we have passing paremeteres between the main app and the module from mySession.setProperty.

Any help with this?

Thanks.
RossYakulis
Right the VPxxx parameters are only send on the initial page request for an application. Are you doing your own module call on custom VXML or something to call the module?

Perhaps you can also post an OD trace.log of the application running from start to after the module call and enaable all trace including the vxml output.
IvanFontalvo
Hi RossYakulis,

we are calling the module like subdialog.

the same app with the same module working and pass params in tomcat, but in the webshere no working (pass param and writen report log into vp).

Regards,
IvanFontalvo
Hi , Ross

I send you the complete logs of both apps.

Could you please take a look of them. Maybe you can see whats happening.

Thks.
Filename ModuleApp.txt [Disk] Download
Filename MainApp.txt [Disk] Download
RossYakulis
On an unrelated note

22/04/2014 18:59:18:771 INFO - j27AG-zzJcrDvp-MyBdzEqv:/TestParameters : runtime_asr : Desktop Microsoft Speech SAPI

That is set wrong.
RossYakulis
Can you also post your apps? Some is definitely wrong here. When the module is getting invoked it thinks it is a main application. All the traces for an application always go onto one file on the main application.
IvanFontalvo
Hi Ross,

I send you the both apps , the main and the module, the invocation of the module is of type local call. these apps work fine in eclipse enviroment but are not working on websphere 8.5.

regards,
Filename workspacesColpatriaSP3.zip [Disk] Download
RossYakulis
I imported the applications and they worked as expected. Can you go to the validate page and post those contents? I ran this on OD 6 Sp3.
RossYakulis
You can see the app ran fine in the logs I posted below.
Filename report.log [Disk] Download
Filename trace.log [Disk] Download
IvanFontalvo
Hi Ross,

yeah!! I saw on the trace, the main app is passing the paremeters to the module.

I send you the validate page of both apps, please let me know if was that what do you need.

Question?
what server are you using to run the apps?

Regards
RossYakulis
I was using tomcat.
IvanFontalvo
I posted below the validation page, i did not send you in the past post
Filename TestParametersModule Validation Page.htm [Disk] Download
Filename TestParameters Validation Page.htm [Disk] Download
Go to:   
Mobile view