KarthiDevaraj
Hi,

We have the below environment at site.

Avaya CM: 6.2
Avaya AES: 6.2

We need to know how many number of devices (extensions, VDN's and Skills) can be added in AES devices group for monitoring via TSAPI service.

Kindly help with recommendations

Thanks
Karthi Devaraj
JohnBiggs
Capacity information for AES Services is contained in the AE Services Overview documentation which is release specific. Here is the document for AE Services Release 6.2

http://www.devconnectprogram.com/fileMedia/download/b6ac82b3-ef36-45ed-8b1d-314c86f5c22f
KarthiDevaraj
Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. I have gone through the document earlier, but still it was not clear to me.

Can you help me with the information on the maximum number of devices which can be monitored via TSAPI for single AES server.

Thanks
Karthi Devaraj
JohnBiggs
Understanding the way the information is presented in the documentation anticipates the reader has an understanding of the underlying architecture. TSAPI leverages ASAI (DLG) and thus the terminology used is that of ASAI.

The simple answer
+ up to 32,000 stations
+ up to 32,768 total monitors

That answer is based on limits in Communication Manager. Communication Manager can interface to 16 AE Services servers. Thus one AE Services server can consume the entire capacity of Communication Manager, or the capacity can be spread across up to 16 AE Services servers.

Note further that other SDKs can create domain controls (think monitors) that impact the domain control consumption in Communication Manager. i.e. DLG (ASAI), CVLAN, and DMCC. JTAPI is simply a Java implementation of TSAPI, so I don't differentiate it in this explanation. The Telephony Web Service leverages TSAPI, so I don't differentiate it either. Thus TSAPI on a particular AE Services server may or may not be able to consume the entire capacity of the associated Communication Manager.
Go to:   
Mobile view