BenHoover
In my TSAPI application, after I get a TSERVER_STREAM_FAILED error due to the network dropping, I try to open a new stream every 10 seconds using acsOpenStream() but I keep getting ACSERR_NOSERVER in return. The function that I'm using to reopen the stream is the same as the one that I use when I start up so all the variables are the same. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong here?

Thanks,
Ben
MartinFlynn
Why did the stream fail in the first place? Have those circumstances been cleared up?
BenHoover
I saw this at a customer location and I assume something happened on their network because I got a stream failure and my DMCC socket connection dropped at the same time. I am able to reproduce this in the lab just by disconnecting and reconnecting myself from the network and I continue to get the errors.

-Ben
MartinFlynn
What version of the TSAPI Client are you using?
BenHoover
MartinFlynn
I hacked some sample code so that it reconnects after losing connection to the AE Services. This was able to reconnect without any errors so I am not able to reproduce your problem.

If you have some test code that produces the problem, you can open a tech support ticket and I will check it in my lab. Please note that for non-paid members, there is a fee for this kind of support.

Martin
BenHoover
I managed to get this working by just restarting my thread rather than just trying to reconnect inline. I'm not sure what the difference is but it is working now.

-Ben
Go to:   
Mobile view