DaveSolarz
I don't have POM installed but I want to begin developing the outbound application and the application requires custom variables to be sent to the application. It appears that the custom variables need to be added first in POM and then the OD has to connect to the POM to see the custom variables, is that correct? Is there an example application that is using custom variables? Can you test an outbound application using OD's simulator? I'm using OD 7.0 and PDC POM 2.5.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
DaveSolarz
It seems to me that there has to be a process of testing receiving POM data in my AAOD 7.0 environment. I've developed a custom outbound POM application that is expecting custom contact attributes to be passed into the application, but how do you simulate this using the OD simulator. I would think there is a way to simulate this in OD. An example application using custom attributes would be a plus to show how the POM variables are received by the custom outbound application. Any help!!
voice.developer
Hello Dave,

Did you ever find a solution to this. I am having the same problem. There seems to be no way to simulate the POM variables in the simulation.

Thanks

Kurt
RSanchez_deprecated
I just did this. Just ensure your custom fields in your contact list match what you have created in OD. Ive attached 3 pics. The first is retrieving the data for your custom fields and assigning it to a variable. The second is reading the variable. The third is assigning a completion code which you must also create in POM with the identical name. I did not find a way to simulate any further however.
Filename pom steps.zip [Disk] Download
voice.developer
Hello Sanchez,

Thanks for your example. I did something similar but it appears that 100% simulation testing was not built into AAOD for POM data. However i do have another question. I am building an outbound application. Is there anyway to retrieve the events from POM. As the call is handled events are fired on the POM side in regards to call status. The completion code column looks to get dynamically updated as the call is handled. However I want to subscribe to those events in AAOD. Especially since I want to detect, fax-tones, answering machines, etc. Upon receiving these events, I can then execute other parts of my application. How are you handling this type of scenario?
RSanchez_deprecated
Hi, in my experience we use the POM Campaign strategy to determine the result of a call (i.e. determine if a human has answered, or a machine.) From there in your campaign strategy you will direct POM to which voice application you want to start.

Hope this helps. This is just my experience as well.

Go to:   
Mobile view