CamiloMONTES
Hello All, I'm new using the Forum resources, I have an application that uses MLS to receive CTI information, it Works OK, but now I have a requirement to get the Skillset (number or name) when the call is answered by the agent. the call Center environment distributes the calls using the Contact Center Tools, agents have skillset defined and so on.

my question is, How can I get Skillset in the MLS message when the call arrives to the agent?

in a legacy guide of the MLS Interface specification I found the following note, but not sure If there is a need of change of the registration process to include the skillset information, so far I don't have the info, and the agent is logged in on an ACD DN queue.

CallOffered
(This message is supported in Meridian Link Services, Release 1.5 and later, and in AM Base Meridian Link.)
This message is sent to an application when a call terminates on an ACD agent phoneset. The transferred party information Information Elements (IE) are included in the CallOffered message if the call, terminating on an ACD agent, is a result of a transfer from an internal phoneset. For AM Base Meridian Link, this only applies to X11 Release 17.67 and later. The Call ID IEs are added to give applications
the capability of tracking calls after call modifications take place within and between switches.

Call offerred message seems also avaible for ACD DN types.

any comment or guidance on this topic would be appreciated.

Thank you

Camilo

JohnMcLoughlin
Hello,
The MLS spec is licensed.
In the latest spec there is a new IE required in the application registration message to enable skillset content in the messaging.
Thank you
John
CamiloMONTES
Thank you John for the reply, good to know it is possible to get the Skillset through the MLS message.

I know the Customer has the license to use MLS. Does the Customer need another license type to get the MLS specification?
if no other license if required, Does the Customer just ask the MLS specification to the the Avaya account representative for them?
=>

in Adding to my previous notes, this week, we did a test with the customer, having the DN and positionID parameter IAPG to 1 (to enable all message) and for the ACD queue we changed the ISAP parameter to YES. nothing change we get the CTI messages OK but without skillset information, we were able to see the skillset name in the Phone display.

According to the answer, I understand the KEY to get the Skillset is the Registration Message, well, we did not change the registration message (we didn't know) so I guess that's why we don't have the skillset information yet.
Is there any way to have an example of the registration message to enable the skillset content in the MLS message?
=>

Thank you all for reading the message and thank you in advance for the answers.

Camilo MONTES
FergusCameron [Avatar]
I would recommend you open support tickets for these types of queries as this forum is not intended for MLS questions.

Fergus Cameron :: AVAYA :: DevConnect :: http://www.avaya.com/devconnect/
CamiloMONTES
Thanks Fergus, What is the forum for MLS questions? I can transfer this post to the MLS forum if needed.

Sorry for posting in the wrong forum, I'm new using the forum resource, and I did not find a MLS forum.
This was the forum I found for the AACC interfaces which I consider most realted amongst all the others.

Thanks for the answers so far. I'll try the support ticket option. in the meantime if anyone out there wants to share MLS knowledge... I will be glad to read you.

Thank you/ Danke,

Camilo M.
FergusCameron [Avatar]
There is no MLS forum due to the nature of licensing around MLS. Apologies. A current license for MLS will entitle you to support through our ticket system.

Fergus Cameron :: AVAYA :: DevConnect :: http://www.avaya.com/devconnect/
Go to:   
Mobile view