mr.hieuphan
Hi,

I have a webpage having a button and a textbox on it. and Avaya OneX Desktop Clients installed on my computer as well.

I want to implement the button that each time I click on it. I can launch a call by Avaya One-X to the phone number that I entered in the textbox.

Many thanks in advance
MartinFlynn
You should be able to do this using one of the AE Services APIs - JTAPI, TSAPI or DMCC. You can pick the one that suits your Web service environment best.

You can get information on these APIs and sample code on the Devconnect website.

Martin
mr.hieuphan
Thank Martin for your feedback.

I spent quite lot of time still not really see what I need.

What I really realy need is that the button will function like "click to dial". This means that each time I click on this button, I can launch Avaya One-X Client then this call assistant will make a call to the phone number entered on the textbox.

For easily understanding you can see the example below that I can do with Skype.
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.skypeassets.com/i/scom/js/skype-uri.js"></script>
<div id="SkypeButton_Call_kfloydian_1">
<script type="text/javascript">
Skype.ui({
"name": "call",
"element": "SkypeButton_Call_kfloydian_1",
"participants": ["+4904110904"],
"imageSize": 32
});
</script>
</div>
Just copy the code and save as a html file. Then open it on a browser. Here we will have a button. When I click on that button it will lanch Skype tool and this tool will make a call to +4904110904.

Could I do the same with Avaya One-X Client?
MartinFlynn
> Could I do the same with Avaya One-X Client?

To the best of my knowledge, you cannot. Skype is running a softphone application in the browser. One-X is an application running on your desktop. Apart possibly from some sort of ActiveX control, there is no way for your browser to start up an external application.

If the user is already logged into the One-X client, then you could write a web application using DMCC/JTAPI that would originate a call from the phone to a number. This functionality is not provided out-of-the-box.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view