RaulCalderero2
Hi,
´
we are develop a basic web services (Test) to use in email manager when we recieve a email we can execute it. We try discover it but it doesnt discover nothing.

The WSDL is standar. we dont understand it. we attached WSDL and some screeners

Filename Service1.xml [Disk] Download
Filename screen.docx [Disk] Download
JohnMcLoughlin
Hello,
I would refer you to the sample web service and associated documentation here:
http://www.devconnectprogram.com/fileMedia/download/62af286e-3588-484e-94a1-635f6a0cfd3c
http://www.devconnectprogram.com/fileMedia/download/7bc4c1fc-b2fd-418d-96eb-defd4c0a5fd6
For more detailed technical queries I recommend you log a DevConnect ticket.
Thank you
John
RaulCalderero2
thanks
GregoryKnott2
Further to this topic.

We have created the web service as per the documentation. We have also configured the "Open Interfaces" section in CCMM admin to call this web service and map the input and output values.

But now what? there is no documentation stating how to correctly configure the "Rule Group" to make use of the web service and actually act upon the results of the web service.

Can Avaya please give guidance on this...

Greg.
JohnMcLoughlin
Hello,
The Administration guide here has a section on 'configuring open interfaces for email':
https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100178603
John
GregoryKnott2
Um, If you read my previous post. I think I said we have configured the open interfaces section as per the document.

My question is rather focused on what comes next.... surely you need to configure a "rule group" to call the web service? yes, I think so... then after doing that i would think you need then another rule to pick out key words returned from the web service right? well this is not working.

So my question is still: How do you configure the "rule group" to correctly call the web service and then allow you to act on the results of the web service?

I mean what is the point of mapping output variables from the web service if you can't do anything with them....????

Greg.
JohnMcLoughlin
Hello,
The keyword rule is applied first, then the web service call then the contact is assigned to a skillset.
So, once the web service call has been made, the contact is then routed - you cannot apply further rules.
Your option would be to include any subsequent logic in the your web service.
You can then return the appropriate skillset as part of the web service return value which would dictate routing in AACC.
Note you would need to return a Skillset ID (not a skillset name).
Skillset ID to Skillset name mappings can be queried using the CCMA SOA web services.
I will put up an FAQ item on this on our portal.
John
GregoryKnott2
Thanks John. The skillset ID makes sense since we have to use that in other integrations for OpenQ as well. Can you tell me if this should be the CCMM ID for the skillset or the CCMS ID for the skillset?

Also, on further troubleshooting it seems that our web service is not being called. How do we troubleshoot this? Which logs do we check to see if there is an error on the Avaya side or if we can verify that the web service call was done etc? Our web service logs only show SOAPUI tests etc. nothing from actual email routing...

Greg.
JohnMcLoughlin
Hello,
It would be the CCMS skillset ID.
The relevant logs would be the CCMM_EmailManager logs.
in order to troubleshoot the issue further you would need to log a DevConnect ticket.
Thank you
John
GregoryKnott2
*** SOLVED ***

Point 1: String[] datatype

The String[] datatype is put forward in the documentation for both input parameter and output return from your developed web service function. But it seems that the Avaya Email Manager is very specifically looking for this datatype to be serialized in the WSDL as a Microsoft ArrayOfString datatype in namespace: http://schemas.microsoft.com/2003/10/Serialization/Arrays

Although it is possible to generate Java classes to provide this signature to the function, it is not simple. It is easiest to just develop a .NET web service as per the samples provided by Avaya.

Point 2: flat WSDL

Although a Java web service will provide a flat WSDL as required, you still have the datatype issue discussed in point 1. Avaya does provide pointers to third party utilities in order to flatten a WSDL in .NET v4.0 or earlier. However, even though AACC 6.4 for which this product feature was added requires only .NET v4.0, it is just simpler to go ahead and install .NET v4.5 and compile the web service on this version of .NET. This then provides a flat WSDL.

Point 3: output parameter mapped to Skillset

Well done to Avaya on this one. Testing actually proves that the Email Manager does in fact take the Skillset name and does the mapping to ID for you. Therefore if returning skillset from your web service this must just be the skillset name.

Greg.
Go to:   
Mobile view