HoraciMacias
Hi everybody,

I'm trying to put together a basic click to call. A servlet reads http parameters for caller/called and invokes CallFactory.create().initiate().
I can see CE sending a REFER to AMS, and AMS accepting that and creating an INVITE as a result of that:

INVITE sip:ClickToCall@10.135.63.69:5061;transport=TLS;ams-cid=183c63a1-b86b-4b16-a5b8-dde74ab5919b;av-svc-fea=ClickToCall

however for some reason that INVITE does not seem to reach my application. I've put CallListeners and SipMessageListeners to log any callback they receive and they log nothing.
It looks like they are being detected by CE:

2014-10-09 09:41:40,101 [SoapConnectorThreadPool : 1] ClickToCall INFO - ClickToCall-1.0.0.0.1 - Listener class "com.avaya.ept.clicktocall.MyMessageListener" found with annotation "TheSipMessageListener" and implementation of "SipMessageListener"
2014-10-09 09:41:40,102 [SoapConnectorThreadPool : 1] ClickToCall INFO - ClickToCall-1.0.0.0.1 - Listener class "com.avaya.ept.clicktocall.MyCallListener" found with annotation "TheCallListener" and implementation of "CallListener"

on my CARRule.xml I have pretty much the default as created by the archetype, which includes:
<TerminatingServiceRule desc="Want to receive incoming INVITEs with ClickToCall feature URI">
<FeatureURI>ClickToCall</FeatureURI>
</TerminatingServiceRule>

and I believe that's what I'd need. (I also have rules for imsorig and imsterm but I don't think that should be an issue, should it?).

It looks like CE knows it should invoke my application eventually:

[10/9/14 9:53:59:444 MDT] 000001d5 ApplicationPa 3 ApplicationPathSelector findSippletMatch appinfo: javax.servlet.sip.ar.SipApplicationRouterInfo@42aebe81; Data: nextApplicationName=pfa, sipRouteModifier=NO_ROUTE, sipApplicationRoutingRegion = Label = sd Type = TERMINATING, stateInfo = RequestState [stack=[Service=pfa Label = sd Type = TERMINATING], serviceList=[pfa, ClickToCall-1.0.0.0.1], requestUriUserStr=ClickToCall, requestUriHostStr=10.135.63.69, paiHostStr=snapin.avaya.com, paiUserStr=ce-msml, applicationId=null, sentToExitPtfService=false], subscriberURI = sip:ClickToCall@10.135.63.69:5061;transport=TLS;ams-cid=183c63a1-b86b-4b16-a5b8-dde74ab5919b;av-svc-fea=ClickToCall

but for some reason my request is never received, and other than the 100 Trying there is no final response sent by anybody.
I can see the following exception, not sure if it's related:

[10/9/14 9:53:59:510 MDT] 000001d7 ThreadPool 1 An unhandled exception occured on a thread in Threadpool: SipContainerPool
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ibm.ws.sip.container.tu.TransactionUserBase.setHandler(TransactionUserBase.java:1044)
at com.ibm.ws.sip.container.tu.TransactionUserWrapper.setHandler(TransactionUserWrapper.java:1123)
at com.ibm.ws.sip.container.servlets.SipSessionImplementation.setHandler(SipSessionImplementation.java:945)
at com.ibm.ws.sip.container.servlets.SipSessionImplementation.init(SipSessionImplementation.java:244)
at com.ibm.ws.sip.container.servlets.SipSessionImplementation.<init>(SipSessionImplementation.java:184)
at com.ibm.ws.sip.container.servlets.DRSSipSessionImpl.<init>(DRSSipSessionImpl.java:92)
at com.ibm.ws.sip.container.servlets.SIPSessionFactory.createSIPSession(SIPSessionFactory.java:99)
at com.ibm.ws.sip.container.tu.TransactionUserBase.getSipSession(TransactionUserBase.java:1080)
at com.ibm.ws.sip.container.tu.TransactionUserBase.getAllSipSessions(TransactionUserBase.java:740)
at com.ibm.ws.sip.container.tu.TransactionUserWrapper.getAllSipSessions(TransactionUserWrapper.java:1348)
at com.ibm.ws.sip.container.servlets.SipApplicationSessionImpl.getAllSIPSessions(SipApplicationSessionImpl.java:817)
at com.ibm.ws.sip.container.servlets.SipApplicationSessionImpl.getAllSIPSessions(SipApplicationSessionImpl.java:788)
at com.ibm.ws.sip.container.servlets.SipApplicationSessionImpl.getSessions(SipApplicationSessionImpl.java:844)

can you please suggest how should I go about troubleshooting this?
MrinalThigale
Hi

What are the types of endpoints you are using for this - are they CM endpoints or just pure SIP ones?

Which CE platform build are you trying this on ?

The WAS NPE might be causing a timeout response which fails the same.

Where are you writing this initiate method ?
If you are using 3.0.2 , did you get a chance to look at our ClickToCall sample service?

Regards
Mrinal
HoraciMacias
Thanks MrinalThigale.
I'm using SIP endpoints with CM providing the features for them.

CE is release 3.0.0.

I'm invoking initiate from the same HttpServlet that receives the GET request.
My doGet method is as follows:

String caller = request.getParameter("caller");
String called = request.getParameter("called");
logger.info("doGet invoked: " + caller + " - " + called);
Identity identity = IdentityFactory.create("19151@snapin.avaya.com", "displayName");
Call call = CallFactory.create(caller, called, identity);
call.initiate();

I've seen CE 3.0.1 and I will check the ClickToCall sample service; is there a 3.0.2?

thanks,

H
MrinalThigale
Thanks
No the 3.0.2 is not GA yet. Sorry for the confusion.

The click to call sample service is bundled with the 3.0.1 SDK.
Is 19151@snapin.avaya.com same as the callingparty you are sending from the HTTP request

To help you troubleshoot you can increase logging level by executing commands below:

ce dlogon FINEST
Increase log level of asm.log located @ /var/log/Avaya/sm

ce dlogon <servicename> FINEST
Increase log level for service logs located at /var/log/Avaya/services/<servicename>/<servicename.log>

Regards
Mrinal
HoraciMacias
thanks again. I tried the ClickToCall sample and it fails with the same exception. It must be something wrong on my CE server setup but so far I can't see what it is.
Any other suggestions?

thanks,

H
MrinalThigale
Hi

Could you please send me the traceSM traces from SM , text logs , asm.log and service logs with FINEST level .?

Thanks
Mrinal
Go to:   
Mobile view