SriniB
Hi Team,

Can anyone please tell whether Avaya IC 7.2.2 can be installed in VM? Is that supported by Avaya? we are looking this option for dev setup.

Thanks in Advance!

Regards,
Srinivasan
JohnBiggs
I see no evidence on support.avaya.com that Interaction Center is supported on VMware or other visualization infrastructure (at least through release 7.3). No OVAs nor VMWare words in the installation documents were found.

Support in this context would mean troubleshooting, bug fixing and performance characteristics.

That said, IC may well run well enough to use in a lab environment on a visualized server but any problems you encounter would not be something Avaya Client Services or DevConnect would be willing to invest the time to investigate.
SriniB
Thanks for your immediate response!

From the product compatibility matrix, it looks that Avaya support VMWare 3 for IC 7.2 and VMWare 5 for IC 7.3.2. Please correct me, If I am missing something here

https://support.avaya.com/CompatibilityMatrix/Index.aspx

Regards,
Srinivasan
JohnBiggs
after picking Interaction Center and a release, what are you clicking on next? Which specific document URL are you looking at?
JohnBiggs
https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100159305

Well that answers your question, yes you can.
SriniB
After selecting the details from the drop down box, compatibility information automatically comes-up. there is no specific document.

I got your document about the installation prerequisites - thanks

Regards,
Srinivasan
JohnBiggs
so after picking Interaction Center and a release, you then selected Components And Products : 'compatible non-Avaya products'
and the 'Non-Avaya Products Compatible to Interaction Center' showed VMWare ESXi in its drop down. Interesting.. I was not aware of that capability in the support portal. Thanks for the knowledge!

I prefer to find the words in a installation or overview document. It makes me feel more confident. Particularly given these words earlier on the page:

Avaya does not warrant that this service will be error-free. You agree that your use of the service is at your sole risk. This applies regardless of whether the service is used alone or in conjunction with other services/software.
SriniB
Yes, the disclaimer risk is there. Better to cross check in the installation document.

I understand that Avaya IC 7.2.x has reached end of life. This means like Avaya will not support this version any more - is my understanding correct?

My client has procured this version sometime back and it is running in production. Do you have any idea on how Avaya handles such scenarios? is that mandatory that we have to upgrade to the latest version i.e. 7.3.2?
JohnBiggs
Avaya defines a number of "End of XXX" states. At the present time IC 7.2 is end of sale & support.
https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100157663

When to upgrade is a customer choice, driven by their needs, and that is impacted by Avaya's support cycle related to the product. Presuming the customer does not want any support they can continue to run this release. If they want to access support, they will need to upgrade.
SriniB
Thanks for the explanation!

When Avaya mention 7.2 has reached End of life, I assumed that is applicable to all the sub-releases within 7.2 i.e. 7.2.1 through 7.2.6 Please correct me if I am wrong

If I look into the document you have shared, it was mentioned under the section "Migration Strategy" that customer has to upgrade to 7.2.6 i.e. Avaya recommends that all Avaya Interaction Center/Operational Analyst 7.2 customers upgrade to the latest Service Pack 7.2.6 or R7.2.7 (when available) or AIC R7.3.x

So, does this mean that, 7.2.6 is still supported?

Regards,
Srinivasan
JohnBiggs
Sorry for the delayed response... I spent a day sick. It is a bit of strange statement. I have asked the product manager to clarify.
SriniB
Hope you are feeling better now. Please keep me posted once you get some response on this.

Also, can you please share any useful pointers (docs, links) on the advance segmentation sever? can that be hosted in VMWare (this is for development environment)?

Regards,
Srinivasan
Go to:   
Mobile view