leonroy
Hi

I have a scenario where a user makes a call A from the phone.
Then press transfer button, which originates a new call. When the second call is established, is there a way to get the UCID of the first call before completing the transfer from the device.

Thanks
CraigJohnson5
You have a user which makes a call A (The service initiated event gives you the UCID which you can store)
User clicks a transfer button which puts call A on hold and makes a new call B ( Which gives a second UCID which you can store). At this point you know UCID from Call A when call B is established. In fact you will know it the entire time from the moment you start call A. Maybe I am simplifying this too much. Is this the correct scenario? Are you overwriting the first UCID with the second one. You may just need to restructure your code to hold on to the first UCID.
leonroy

From the JTAPI events, when the first call is made, it has UCID in the LucentV5CallInfo.getUCID(). And the V5OCI.getUCID() is 000000000000 as expected. When I hit transfer button from the device, it creates a new call and at that point too the V5OCI.getUCID() is 000000000000 and LucentV5CallInfo.getUCID() is the callid for the 2nd call. At this point, is there a way to connect the 2 calls together?
CraigJohnson5
Since in your first post you mentioned completing the transfer, I am going to assume that by using the word "connect" you don't mean it in that sense. You want to correlate the first call to the second call? For what purpose? You have a station that is the calling party for both calls, and has one on hold and one active. I need to understand how you want to correlate these two calls and what it is you are trying to do.

Also, for reference in case it helps you I would suggest reading the last FAQ listed under the AE Services General section titled "Can you explain the behavior of how CallIDs and UCIDs merge in conference and transfer scenarios?".
leonroy
Hi Craig

Yes, by connect, I meant how to co-relate the two calls. When I make calls from the application, the first call has an id which is stored by the application. I then do a consultation call, and at that point I receive the OCI.UCID of the first call as well as the id of the second call. So, I can relate the two calls.

But from the Avaya phone itself, there is no option to do a consultation call, so the second call does not have the OCI.UCID of the first call in the events.

Regarding your question - "You have a station that is the calling party for both calls, and has one on hold and one active."
It is a bit difficult to correlate calls based on the held calls as there might be more than one held call on the device.
Go to:   
Mobile view