DavidBrown5
Hi, I have configured a HMDC schedule for System (SysCPU,SysMemory & MvapNetRTT) to log every 10 minutes. I have followed the documentation directly, but when I run a report, the only thing that seems to be logging is MvapNetRTT.

Can ideas if there is something undocumented I need to do?

I am using
Avaya Aura® Application Enablement Services Administration and Maintenance Guide Release 6.3 02-300357 June 2014

The AES server is physical running 6.3.3.3.10-0.

Thanks in advance.
MartinFlynn
I see the same behaviour. Also, none of the other stats are reported. I will have to ask somebody from the product house to take a look.

Martin
DavidBrown5
HI Martin, is there any word from the Product house, or should I go ahead and get a ticket opened?

MartinFlynn
Hi David,

My contact in the product house was away last week but he mailed me yesterday to say that he had passed the query to an SME.

Please note that queries from Devconnect are generally low priority for the product house and they are at a critical stage of the 7.0 release. Therefore, we may not get a speedy response.

Martin
MartinFlynn
The response I got was that all internal SNMP clients had been moved to SNMPv3 except HMDC which is still SNMPv2. This will be addressed in 7.0 but there is a workaround for 6.x:

1. On OAM -> Utilities -> SNMP -> SNMP Agent, enable SNMP Version 2c. Change the community name to aesvcsLocalSnmpManager (to match snmp_community in /opt/mvap/hmdc/conf/hmdc.properties).

2. Select the option for Any IP Addresses (or add 127.0.0.1 as one of the authorized IP addresses).

3. You may need to re-enter the SNMPv3 Authentication Password.

4. Click "Apply Changes" to make the update.

Martin
DavidBrown5
Thanks Martin, when I go in there, the community etc is currently setup for our SAL, so I don't think I'd like to change those values.
MartinFlynn
In that case, try this:

1. SSH onto your AE Services.
2. You may need to su to root (password should be root01)
3. Edit the HMDC conf file - /opt/mvap/hmdc/conf/hmdc.properties, and set the snmp_community name to the same as on the web interface.
4. Restart the HMDC service using "service hmdc restart"

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view