J..Lowe
I'm trying to connect to an Oracle DB on a remote server. I have verified that all the entries are correct & that the listener is active on the remote server. I can also access the server from another server. But in AED I keep getting this error:

Error getting Input Schema for Read DB Task: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to initialize the DB connection: DB URL = jdbc:oracle:thin:@//135.122.28.36:1521/A

2 things I have observed on the Attributes form:
- There is no example for the Oracle DBType. I used Oracle- is that correct?
- The db class example is oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver, but the one we've been usin is oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver
For the URL, I thought the tool would plug in the Database Name & Port but since it showed it in the example, I tried it both ways (with & w/o that info), to no avail.

Also, is it safe to "assume" that even though the password field has 5 dots, it does not indicate the actual length of the password?

This is AEDP 3.0.3.0.303003 & AED 3.0.4.0.281

Thanks.
Bill.Liu
Most likely, you have not installed the Oracle DB driver on the CE server yet. Please follow the instructions on CE 3.0 SP3 release notes page, https://confluence.forge.avaya.com/display/ZEPHYR/Release+Notes+--+CE+3.0+SP3#ReleaseNotes--CE3.0SP3-LoadDatabasedriversonCE .

In case you do not have access to that link above, here are the steps:

Load Database drivers on CE
Steps to load external database drivers on CE , to enable snapins to talk to external databases are outlined below:
1. Place 3rd party DB drivers under /var/avaya/db_drivers
2. Go to /opt/Avaya/aura/bin/
3. Run the deploy_dbdrivers.sh script with appropriate option

Operations supported by this script:
-d install a provided driver file
-u uninstall a driver jar
-l list installed drivers
The installed driver will be copied to /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/ce_shared
Reboot CE for the drivers to be loaded and available to snapins.
JoelEzell
Thanks Bill. FYI, the best way to access release notes is via this link on the DevConnect website: https://www.devconnectprogram.com/fileMedia/download/9a226c65-68a3-468e-ae50-a873cc958340
J..Lowe
Actually, Joel- I could get to Bill's link but not yours!
CSmythe
Hi guys, I'm getting the same error on a MS SQL connection from the ED.
The System Engineer has installed the driver and configured the JDBC Provider and Source on SMGR.
Any ideas why I would still get this error from the snap-in?
I have added custom property "generateSimpleParameterMetadata" set to "true" to the JDBC Source config.
prasanna.kulkarni
Hi Smythe,

Can you please provide me your configuration details?
Specifically values for following properties:
1. URL
2. User Name
3. JNDI Name
4. sqljdbc jar version
5. Driver class name from JDBC provider for your data source

Also, can you please confirm that URL is of below format for MS SQL server:
dbc:sqlserver://<Database server IP or FQDN>;database=<database name>

Sorry, it's a lot of information that I'm asking but this might help in understanding the issue.

Thanks,
Prasanna
CSmythe
Hi Prasanna,

Thank you for coming back to me so soon.

1. URL == jdbc:sqlserver://mdrcsql04/sql03 (Must it have the database name in it? ;database=Breeze_Call_Priority)
If I use this URL {jdbc:sqlserver://mdrcsql04/sql03;database=Breeze_Call_Priority} then the connection fails saying (Invalid URL format - only letters, digits and [.-:/@;&%=#?] are allowed.)
2. User Name == Witness
3. JNDI Name == JDBC-Connection
4. sqljdbc jar version == sqljdbc41.jar
5. Driver class name from JDBC provider for your data source == com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerXADataSource

Regards,

Craig
prasanna.kulkarni
Hi Smythe,

There is a separate custom property section on JDBC Data source configuration page.
Can you please set following custom properties:
1. "databaseName" with value as "Breeze_Call_Priority"? (This property tells driver that when it reaches till SQL Server host, it needs to look for Breeze_Call_Priority database.
2. "portNumber" with value as whatever port sql server is listening for JDBC connections. (Generally it is 1433, but please check on your setup)
3. "serverName" with value of MS-SQL server IP or FQDN
4. "instanceName" with value of MS-SQL server instance (I suppose sql03 in your case)
5. generateSimpleParameterMetadata with value true

Also, please make sure the sqlserver host(I suppose mdrcsql04 in your case) is pingable from breeze node.

If things do not work even after this, please run "ce-report" command on your breeze node (after trying test connection from UI) and then please attach the ce-report output here.

Thanks,
Prasanna
CSmythe
Thank you Prasanna,

It was the driver version that was incorrect. Reverted to version 4.1 from 6.2.2 and reconfigured the JDBC Provider and Sources to reflect the correct details and the issue was resolved.

Have a fantastic day.

Cheers,
Craig
Go to:   
Mobile view